Les Miles happy

tmfr15

Do you think Les was happy after the game? I mean, good god - great for Michigan but honestly how do we know Harbaugh is going to be any better than Riley? Is it really having balls, or stupidity - we won't know for a while.

As someone mentioned above, why don't we wait a couple years before we burn down Memorial Stadium and call it quits? I'm so tired seeing people write the team off for the next few years because of this hire. No one knows whether or not this will be a bad, decent, or exceptional hire. I can tell you one thing, no one will fess up to ripping the hire if Riley returns us to the promise land.

I will! I will fess up!

Hell I LOVED Bo...I thought it was the perfect fit...I loved the way he kind of ripped on recruiting services and I bought into that garbage that recruiting really "didn't matter" and that saving scholarships for walkons was a great idea. I loved that he was mean/jerk to the media at times. But I can also say now that I was wrong...the record was nice but when you really looked at it we all know it was nothing special.

So, yeah, I was way wrong...I wish I wasn't but I was!

Michigan got their guy, and Nebraska got their guy. Nebraska has never been about being the one out in front and making a splash. It has been about putting your nose to the grindstone and working to get to the top. That's always been Nebraska and that's the way that we're going to return to the promised land. You are delusional if you think top notch coaches are dying to come here, they aren't. We have to accept that and go with someone who will work harder than someone else, who will do things better. That's what we are aiming for in Riley.

• Fire 3

Jim Harbaugh went to Michigan. Urban Meyer went to Ohio State. In my opinion, the alma mater card was the tipping point for both of these guys. Money certainly must be right, but I don't think Harbaugh would've gone just anywhere, and same for Meyer. If any of you can name a hot name proven head coach that just happens to be a Nebraska alum, let me know, and I'll join you in crucifying the administration for being cheap.

this. exactly this. and who does um get if harbaugh turns them down? neb. got a great fit. that is the best we can hope for until frost becomes an elite hc.

Do you think Les was happy after the game? I mean, good god - great for Michigan but honestly how do we know Harbaugh is going to be any better than Riley? Is it really having balls, or stupidity - we won't know for a while.

As someone mentioned above, why don't we wait a couple years before we burn down Memorial Stadium and call it quits? I'm so tired seeing people write the team off for the next few years because of this hire. No one knows whether or not this will be a bad, decent, or exceptional hire. I can tell you one thing, no one will fess up to ripping the hire if Riley returns us to the promise land.

I'm a man of my word and I will eat crow all day long if I'm wrong....gladly.

Basically Michigan has balls and we do not. Michigan woke up to the new age of college football we have not. I'm affraid it's gonna take us losing the sellout streak to get it.

Oh and before anyone comes in saying you don't have to spend a mint and can get bargains. I say you get what you pay for and if resources aren't an issue you go out and get the best money can buy. Regardless of whether a buyout is going to be heavy in the future..why...because resources are not an issue and that thought shouldn't cross your mind. You are investing in the future of your brand, f'ing act like it.

This reminds me of Bo

:facepalm:

• Fire 2

Basically Michigan has balls and we do not. Michigan woke up to the new age of college football we have not. I'm affraid it's gonna take us losing the sellout streak to get it.

No, Michigan had an in with Harbaugh and we did not. They didn't the last time they hired a coach, and neither did Florida, Texas, USC, Miami, Notre Dame, Penn State, etc, etc, etc. The only school in recent years that did similar was Ohio State with Urban Meyer.

The guy Nebraska has an in with right now is Scott Frost, and he isn't even getting the Colorado State gig, it looks like. Maybe next time he'll be a more established candidate. Let's hope so.

Jim Harbaugh went to Michigan. Urban Meyer went to Ohio State. In my opinion, the alma mater card was the tipping point for both of these guys. Money certainly must be right, but I don't think Harbaugh would've gone just anywhere, and same for Meyer. If any of you can name a hot name proven head coach that just happens to be a Nebraska alum, let me know, and I'll join you in crucifying the administration for being cheap.

this. exactly this. and who does um get if harbaugh turns them down? neb. got a great fit. that is the best we can hope for until frost becomes an elite hc.

And what if he doesn't win at Ann Arbor?

Michigan is officially dead.

No, Michigan had an in with Harbaugh and we did not. They didn't the last time they hired a coach, and neither did Florida, Texas, USC, Miami, Notre Dame, Penn State, etc, etc, etc. The only school in recent years that did similar was Ohio State with Urban Meyer.

The guy Nebraska has an in with right now is Scott Frost, and he isn't even getting the Colorado State gig, it looks like. Maybe next time he'll be a more established candidate. Let's hope so.

They had an in with JH and Miles last time...both said no. They asked again 4 years later.

I also agree with this.

I bet if JH turned down the job that Miles was next on the list and don't think for a minute that he wouldn't consider it. He has used the UM job openings to get raises but sooner or later, he would have taken the job and this might have been the time.

I wasn't to keen on the Riley hire but IMOP, I think he will do a really good job with what we have and can provide.

there is no doubt Harbaugh will win at michigan. He has a history of building successful teams. Safest hire made in the last 5 years of any college team save Urban.
  • Fire 1

there is no doubt Harbaugh will win at michigan. He has a history of building successful teams. Safest hire made in the last 5 years of any college team save Urban.

He didn't build anything.

SF was loaded when he took the gig, and Stanford had players like Richard Sherman on it when he walked into that scenario. Not to mention the NFC west and the PAC 12 save for Oregon were clownshows for his most successful years.

I'm nit saying he's a bad coach, but he isn't a miracle worker and he has personality flaws that make Bo. Pelini blush. And Michigan boosters are FAR more demanding than NU. Especially at 7+ mil a year.

And Michigan has the lowest number of commits of a power five school.

This is far from an instant success hire.

They had an in with JH and Miles last time...both said no. They asked again 4 years later.

Michigan didn't offer JH because he signed a contract with SF. Miles turned it down after interviewing for the job and getting a raise from LSU.

He didn't build anything.

SF was loaded when he took the gig, and Stanford had players like Richard Sherman on it when he walked into that scenario. Not to mention the NFC west and the PAC 12 save for Oregon were clownshows for his most successful years.

I'm nit saying he's a bad coach, but he isn't a miracle worker and he has personality flaws that make Bo. Pelini blush. And Michigan boosters are FAR more demanding than NU. Especially at 7+ mil a year.

And Michigan has the lowest number of commits of a power five school.

This is far from an instant success hire.

And Michigan isn't loaded with talent? Look again

Harbaugh recruited Andrew Luck to Stanford. I think it's a stretch to say he's never built anything, but no guarantee he'll win big at Michigan, either. However, it's extremely difficult to imagine him failing.

Harbaugh is productive. He can handle clashes with management (and maybe even embraces it!), rather than letting it spill over into a personal obsession that clouds the entire team. I'm good with him not coaching here, but he is deservedly considered a monster hire.

Hoke recruited well, too. I'd be surprised if Nebraska's roster can match theirs right now. A lot of people are overstating the status of the cupboard Bo left.

Harbaugh recruited Andrew Luck to Stanford. I think it's a stretch to say he's never built anything, but no guarantee he'll win big at Michigan, either. However, it's extremely difficult to imagine him failing.Harbaugh is productive. He can handle clashes with management (and maybe even embraces it!), rather than letting it spill over into a personal obsession that clouds the entire team. I'm good with him not coaching here, but he is deservedly considered a monster hire.Hoke recruited well, too. I'd be surprised if Nebraska's roster can match theirs right now. A lot of people are overstating the status of the cupboard Bo left.

Wait, what?

He can handle clashes with management?

It just got him fired from SF and it was brewing at Stanford.