Les Miles happy

tmfr15

I agree with everyone saying that Harbaugh is no sure thing. He's not. But he's the best hire for UM since Schembechler. I think people doubting his prowess and/or saying he'll leave within 3 years are simply putting blinders over their eyes. I think we have at least a decade of Harbaugh.

And I'm not trying to start sh#t. Despite the random hate UM gets on this board, NU is still my favorite B1G West squad and I hope that the championship comes down to both of our programs each year.

• Fire 2

Do people actually think that NU had a chance to get Harbaugh?

And if the 9ers win a couple more games this year (they lost to the Bears and Raiders!) they are in the playoffs and Harbaugh isn't in Ann Arbor.

It's not that we had a chance, many wanted the new HC hiring to be a "WOW", not a "meh"...

This. A hire that had people talking about the bold move or move towards getting NU back. Not a quick check of Wikipedia, not hearing how nice he is etc....

When Callahan was hired, I was livid, because I knew, after seeing what he'd done to my Raiders, he'd hurt the program. Bo was hired, almost everyone was excited because he'd been here before, and he wasn't Clownahan. Now they hire Riley, who most of us, when he was hired almost immediately said, "who?"...

This almost seems like a hire that was based on the fact that they didn't know who else they could get, so they got Riley. And if this guy falls flat on his ass, which I hope he doesn't, everyone can say "at least he was nicer than Bo"...

That's what I wonder. How did Reilly even get on the radar. Was it another, sh!t, we fired a guy and my short list all said no?

They talked about Riley when he was the story. But he's been here a while now. Would you have rather UNL waited until Thursday to hire him just to make the same news cycle? Maybe loosing some recruits in the process.

I did see our new OC made the ESPN ticker during the games.

I don't care if the dude made the front page of the Kearney Courier, I want somebody that can effectively coach the offense...

I agree with everyone saying that Harbaugh is no sure thing. He's not. But he's the best hire for UM since Schembechler. I think people doubting his prowess and/or saying he'll leave within 3 years are simply putting blinders over their eyes. I think we have at least a decade of Harbaugh.

And I'm not trying to start sh#t. Despite the random hate UM gets on this board, NU is still my favorite B1G West squad and I hope that the championship comes down to both of our programs each year.

He "gets it" and that's very important. imo, he'll turn the program around quickly. Great for y'all, bad NU. He will be hard to beat and recruit against.

What would qualify as a "wow" hire? Patterson? Mullen? Richt? Frost? Bielema? Narduzzi?

Did Florida get a "wow" hire in McElwain? What about USC with Sark last year?

Many here wanted McElwain so I'd say he was higher on our collective list. Sark was a bigger name available.

Pretty sure most here would have preferred Narduzzi so yes to him. Frost definitely but SE wasn't interested. We should have at least checked with Patterson.

Well, at least you won't be burning celebratory couches like they would in Morgantown...

What would qualify as a "wow" hire? Patterson? Mullen? Richt? Frost? Bielema? Narduzzi?

Many here wanted McElwain so I'd say he was higher on our collective list. Sark was a bigger name available.

Pretty sure most here would have preferred Narduzzi so yes to him. Frost definitely but SE wasn't interested. We should have at least checked with Patterson.

So hiring CSU's coach or MSU's DC would have been a wow because they were mentioned on HB?

Did Sark ever win more than 8 games at UW?

Do people actually think that NU had a chance to get Harbaugh?

And if the 9ers win a couple more games this year (they lost to the Bears and Raiders!) they are in the playoffs and Harbaugh isn't in Ann Arbor.

It's not that we had a chance, many wanted the new HC hiring to be a "WOW", not a "meh"...

This. A hire that had people talking about the bold move or move towards getting NU back. Not a quick check of Wikipedia, not hearing how nice he is etc....

When Callahan was hired, I was livid, because I knew, after seeing what he'd done to my Raiders, he'd hurt the program. Bo was hired, almost everyone was excited because he'd been here before, and he wasn't Clownahan. Now they hire Riley, who most of us, when he was hired almost immediately said, "who?"...

This almost seems like a hire that was based on the fact that they didn't know who else they could get, so they got Riley. And if this guy falls flat on his ass, which I hope he doesn't, everyone can say "at least he was nicer than Bo"...

That's what I wonder. How did Reilly even get on the radar. Was it another, sh!t, we fired a guy and my short list all said no?

I think he was on the short list. A coach also has to fit the programs image. After the Bo vs the world mentality you would have to get a coach to fix that mindset and I think Riley is that man.

• Fire 2

So hiring CSU's coach or MSU's DC would have been a wow because they were mentioned on HB?

But some of us are wrong for feeling apathetic about the newly frocked HC who's best is 10 wins and a victory in the Sun Bowl???

But some of us are wrong for feeling apathetic about the newly frocked HC who's best is 10 wins and a victory in the Sun Bowl???

You have every right to feel apathetic. Hell, this program has turned many apathetic over the past 15 years.

I just don't understand the whole "wow" hire thing. I want the "right" hire, not the "wow" hire. Is Riley that guy? I don't know, but time will tell.

This is going to be a very fun and interesting off-season! :corndance

You have every right to feel apathetic. Hell, this program has turned many apathetic over the past 15 years.

I just don't understand the whole "wow" hire thing. I want the "right" hire, not the "wow" hire. Is Riley that guy? I don't know, but time will tell.

I didn't want a "wow" hire, I wanted this hire giphy.gif

They talked about Riley when he was the story. But he's been here a while now. Would you have rather UNL waited until Thursday to hire him just to make the same news cycle? Maybe loosing some recruits in the process.

I did see our new OC made the ESPN ticker during the games.

I don't care if the dude made the front page of the Kearney Courier, I want somebody that can effectively coach the offense...

The Kearney, MO weekly newspaper?