Anyone wanna bet Michigan IMPROVES and Nebraska

Husker Q

If Harbaugh is so awesome, what happened at SF? I don't think they wanted him there.

I'll take my chances with MR.

Well said. Typically it's the 3rd year when you can see how a coach is doing with his team, as he's had time to instill his system and get his players. While JH still did well at San Francisco, his team has gotten worse, and I think he's leaving that program in bad shape. I do think he will turn things around at Michigan.

Given this guys beef with MR, it will be interesting to see if MR or JH wins a conference title first.

Michigan will improve...yes.

Will Nebraska? They better, because Riley has a better coaching staff and is a better coach than Bo...and they have all the tough games in conference at home...so they better improve. There is no reason not to improve. Plus the players that most people ripped on are gone...Bell, Cooper, RG4 (Who, I guess takes plays off and isn't tough), Cotton, Pelini are gone too.

Plus, CJax, LeRoy and Rose are all back and maybe Moss (big maybe)...so yeah, NU will do better...

11 wins!

there seems to be alot of Bo Pelini type of bagage that follows Harbaugh. Sam McKeon had a link on twitter last night that I have to find that explains all the crazy paranoid types of the things hthhat he does. I was saying that I would love to see him here at Nebraska bbut after reading that no thanks. And yes I realize that he would have never came to NU being a Meechicken Alum.

Harbaugh will have a Top 5 Qb in his class next year that will help take his team to 10-11 win seasons. Mark that down. Will Nebraska ever get that Qb. Time will tell. We will when 9 maybe 10 games but no conference titles, now we may play in one but we wont get that win with out as elite Qb.

I think the question we have to ask ourselves is...had JH not been an alum at Michigan, would he even give them the a strong look. Michigan had a unique advantage in this situation, and it's really silly to compare the two hires. Both may do well for their teams, MR could do better, or JH could do better. Three years from now is when we can really see how good both hires were.

Yep, lets rip on people because they believe MR is a bad hire.

Don't good coaches improve their team?

Hypothetically, what would you expect of the Huskers next year if JH were hired instead of MR?

All I see is excuses for MR and expectations for JH.

Would it not be prudent to wait until at least 1 season has been played?

What "excuses" have been made? Aren't "expectations" available for both hires?

This "People Magazine" sophmoric mindset that a hire must be a "splash" or a "name" commodity in order to be successful is baffling.

Perhaps you will be correct in the end and this will be a bad hire. I personally don't think so.

I think it is a tremendous fit.

Let's revisit this again a year from today when actual results may substitute for projections.

And, for the record, yes I do believe we will finish with a better record than Michigan in 2015.

Feel free to call me on it if I'm wrong.....

• Fire 1

Harbaugh will have a Top 5 Qb in his class next year that will help take his team to 10-11 win seasons. Mark that down. Will Nebraska ever get that Qb. Time will tell. We will when 9 maybe 10 games but no conference titles, now we may play in one but we wont get that win with out as elite Qb.

I think the question we have to ask ourselves is...had JH not been an alum at Michigan, would he even give them the a strong look. Michigan had a unique advantage in this situation, and it's really silly to compare the two hires. Both may do well for their teams, MR could do better, or JH could do better. Three years from now is when we can really see how good both hires were.

I myself was very unhappy about the Hire of Riley. But the more I sit back and look and think about things I think we will be ok. Will we win championships, IDK that's to be seen. But I do think he will be ok. Every one says he didn't have the talent we have here at NU but I don't think that's the case. Those guys like Cooks, The Rodgers brothers were good, he just got them up there. He will get some of those guys here to and we will be good.

Jim Harbaugh is at Michigan now because he was at Michigan before. They don't get him otherwise. I can see that it's good for the conference overall even though I personally hate the skunkbears...

With that out of the way, how sad are people who have already broken out the sackcloth and ashes ahead of a Riley-coached Nebraska team playing a single down? How much sadder is a person who also wants to go on record for a potential "I told you so" moment in the future over his/her decision to give up hope?

I don't need anything from people who are already wailing and gnashing their teeth ahead of a Riley-coached Nebraska team having played a single down. It's one thing to question the decisions of the powers that be within the program but quite another to give yourself a vested interest in seeing the program fail. Maybe that's just the difference in getting a response or not for the OP. How sad is it to treat your identity as a Husker fan (insofar as it's shared with us here anyway) like that?

I understand pride and envy. I was jealous of UCLA the first time we played them...especially considering how new a coach Mora was relative to Bo. I think Nebraska might even have been the first BCS opponent Mora's UCLA squad faced? That game followed some talk of Bo considering the Miami job, too. I think I had decided by halftime that I was ready for him to go...but, as a Husker fan, I always hoped his teams' performances would change my mind.

• Fire 1

Johnny Stanton was an Elite 11 qb who probably would have been rated in the top 5 if he had not left the elite 11 camp early, committed early, and then gotten hurt early his senior year