Anyone wanna bet Michigan IMPROVES and Nebraska

Husker Q

look, there is no denying we shopped at Wal Mart.......we never did shop at Macey's......we aimed low and this is what we got......maybe it will turn out to be a bargain, at least it doesn't say made in China! Michigan and Ohio State will get better coaches and better recruits.....get used to being number 3 and needing to get lucky to beat these guys........we just didn't spend the cash to be the best......we just didn't.

How much money did we throw at Devaney (sp) to get him to come to NE from WY?

Is this a serious question?

Talk about a Wal Mart hire. Was Devaney know as a Macey hire? Ya I guess it is a serious question. I am just saying give the guy a chance.

Youre seriously comparing the money schools spent for coaches in 1965 to what schools spend on coaches in 2014?

. . . and is bringing in "his guys" which the last coach was "guilty" of...

At least Riley's "guys" seem to be otherwise successful football coaches and not HS golf coaches . . . or whatever that story was.

Don't we have to play a game before we can make that determination?

Lots of people who have forgotten more about football than most of those posting here will ever know think Riley is a hell of a football coach and an even better man. I'll give their opinions more credence than those of butthurt Pelini fans any day.

Maybe the parts they forget were actually about Riley...could that be

does NOT.

Michigan hits a home run, Nebraska a ground out. Just a depressing ouch.

Just an FYI

Mike Riley has a 2-2 record versus Harbaugh...difference was, he coached OSU and Harbaugh coached Stanford. You do understand that right? Tell us again how Mike Riley is a bad hire?

Wasn't Stanford like 1-11 when JH took over?

• Fire 2

Lots of people who have forgotten more about football than most of those posting here will ever know think Riley is a hell of a football coach and an even better man. I'll give their opinions more credence than those of butthurt Pelini fans any day.

Beyond the Bobutthurt's, I suspect the whining group also includes negative nancy's, trolls, SE/HP haters, and those who overestimate their management decision making skills.

Neg rep button....this site needs that feature added, IMO.

Riley will do fine here. Fine. Fans need to curb there thoughts about winning a title. The cards are stacked against Nebraska right now because we had less than effective coaching and recruiting for the last 15 years. That takes more than one season and a new coach to upgrade. Hell, its only been a month with Riley, he hasn't even coached a game yet, let him at least get a season under his belt to make judgement. For those talking about resources and "this is Nebraska", stop that as well. This is not the dominant Nebraska of the 80's and mid 90's. This is not a job where you come in and just flip a switch and kaboom, instant winning of a NC. Its going to take some hard work and a few years of above average recruiting to get back to a good decent level of respectability nationally.

Michigan and Ohio St have the reigns right now and for what Michigan is investing and for what Nebraska has invested makes me wonder about "resources". If your truly a college blue blood football program, then where is Riley's 4 or 5 Million$? If your university and AD actually think this guy is the one, he should have been given $4 mill per year, not $2.7 mill. Proof is in the pudding on this issue. That is where I question our AD, not in who, but how we hired this next savior for the program. Where is our commitment level in this process? Is the athletic department fully in or is it one foot in, one foot out the door right now?

I don't have an issue with Riley. I have an issue with those who say we have resources, we are NU. Why are we not making that commitment in dollars? Hiring a coach at a rate of pay of $2.7 million tells me that this is a hire with 65% confidence in it. If your convinced this guy can win games that matter, $ 4 million should have been the money on the table. This is where I question the level of this hire. Its time to pony up and get into the game or shut up and ride into the sunset and be happy with 9 wins a year.

does NOT.

Just an FYI

Mike Riley has a 2-2 record versus Harbaugh...difference was, he coached OSU and Harbaugh coached Stanford. You do understand that right? Tell us again how Mike Riley is a bad hire?

Yeah, man thats whassuppp!!!

does NOT.

Just an FYI

Because 2 games should define one's apparent 'greatness'. Come on man.

Bama "wanted" Riley when they were one of the worst teams in the SEC and had gone through about, I think, 4 coaches in about 7 years?

USC

does NOT.

Just an FYI

OSU was in better shape than Stanford was when JH took over...it was not even close

Bama "wanted" Riley when they were one of the worst teams in the SEC and had gone through about, I think, 4 coaches in about 7 years?

USC

does NOT.

Just an FYI

OSU was in better shape than Stanford was when JH took over...it was not even close

Stanford increased their recruiting budget 63% when JH came as well as $100 mil into their stadium.

Corvalis is no Palo Alto