Anyone wanna bet Michigan IMPROVES and Nebraska

Husker Q

I haven't read this entire thread because I think it's stupid and unnecessary.

The thing that I've realized from all of these haters is that they're all "30+ year fans," "done their research," or "have been thinking." What they fail to mention is credibility. There is none. We don't know how riley or his staff will do but that's the fun of the new season or coaching. You have an opinion? Fine. Just realize no one respects it for more than cannon fodder so just stop or go start a thread of haters.

Although I do not agree with everything that everyone writes, isn't that the fun and point of a discussion forum? As soon as it becomes everyone agreeing on each point it will cease to be interesting.

• Fire 2

I haven't read this entire thread because I think it's stupid and unnecessary.

The thing that I've realized from all of these haters is that they're all "30+ year fans," "done their research," or "have been thinking." What they fail to mention is credibility. There is none. We don't know how riley or his staff will do but that's the fun of the new season or coaching. You have an opinion? Fine. Just realize no one respects it for more than cannon fodder so just stop or go start a thread of haters.

Although I do not agree with everything that everyone writes, isn't that the fun and point of a discussion forum? As soon as it becomes everyone agreeing on each point it will cease to be interesting.

Exactly!

Oh wait............

If were going to tout ourselves still college football royalty, then yes, we should act like it. Throw some money on the table and see who wants to come here. That was all I was saying. Oh, we did, and Harbaugh laughed Eichorst right out of the trolley car in San Fran. Really, Eichorst wants no one to know that he failed with Harbaugh and Riley fell into his lap. Riley and his agent pursued this job. Eichorst did nothing.

Dont matter to me. I do think Riley will do fine here, but if you want the name hire next time, use the "resources" and pony up the money and go and get the big name. Other wise I am starting to think we don't have the resources and ability to compete with our checkbook like Michigan and Ohio St. These are the schools we are following, not Iowa Minnesota, and Wisky. Seems like to me that if we win the west and thats all that matters. We want to win the Big 10, whole and completely. We want playoffs. We want to have a shot at NC's.

Riley is a good coach, but I do doubt that he can get this program to the next level in 5 years. I think if our fan base and boosters don't relax some, 5 years will be all he wants. I will root for him to do well. If he can't bring in a Big 10 title, and we do seem more solid on and off the field, then he has upgraded the job. I do expect to win the west in the next 2 years, and at least challenge either Ohio St and Michigan.

If were going to tout ourselves still college football royalty, then yes, we should act like it. Throw some money on the table and see who wants to come here. That was all I was saying. Oh, we did, and Harbaugh laughed Eichorst right out of the trolley car in San Fran. Really, Eichorst wants no one to know that he failed with Harbaugh and Riley fell into his lap. Riley and his agent pursued this job. Eichorst did nothing.

Dont matter to me. I do think Riley will do fine here, but if you want the name hire next time, use the "resources" and pony up the money and go and get the big name. Other wise I am starting to think we don't have the resources and ability to compete with our checkbook like Michigan and Ohio St. These are the schools we are following, not Iowa Minnesota, and Wisky. Seems like to me that if we win the west and thats all that matters. We want to win the Big 10, whole and completely. We want playoffs. We want to have a shot at NC's.

Riley is a good coach, but I do doubt that he can get this program to the next level in 5 years. I think if our fan base and boosters don't relax some, 5 years will be all he wants. I will root for him to do well. If he can't bring in a Big 10 title, and we do seem more solid on and off the field, then he has upgraded the job. I do expect to win the west in the next 2 years, and at least challenge either Ohio St and Michigan.

Link to us going after Harbaugh?

I think Michigan will improve more and faster then Nebraska. In the short term the Huskers might be better off ... long term I think Michigan is better off. I don't think that is unrealistic.

If UM improves faster than us, wouldnt they be better off in the short term?

I think Michigan will improve more and faster then Nebraska. In the short term the Huskers might be better off ... long term I think Michigan is better off. I don't think that is unrealistic.

If UM improves faster than us, wouldnt they be better off in the short term?

Michigan has a bigger climb.

Why was Eichorst in San Fran the day after we or he fired Bo? Why San Fran? I will guarantee you that the first Guy we offered this job to was Mr. Harbaugh. I am not knocking that. We should have gone after the best coach on the landscape. At that point however, San Fran was still in the playoff hunt, and Nebraska wasn't his cup of tea.

Prove otherwise. Listen, no one knows for sure other than maybe a booster or two, but all signs point to Harbaugh being a pick.

Michigan is going to change light years next season. Look at the game they lost. Coaching wins at least 3 of those losses. At least 3. Riley can win at least one of the games that Pelini lost, but its right, much easier to upgrade from 5 to 9. Michigan was also a program much like Nebraska was in its last year with Callahan. Players quit midway thru and it got worse as it went. So who really knows if they are in that bad of shape.

Why was Eichorst in San Fran the day after we or he fired Bo? Why San Fran? I will guarantee you that the first Guy we offered this job to was Mr. Harbaugh. I am not knocking that. We should have gone after the best coach on the landscape. At that point however, San Fran was still in the playoff hunt, and Nebraska wasn't his cup of tea.

Prove otherwise. Listen, no one knows for sure other than maybe a booster or two, but all signs point to Harbaugh being a pick.

Michigan is going to change light years next season. Look at the game they lost. Coaching wins at least 3 of those losses. At least 3. Riley can win at least one of the games that Pelini lost, but its right, much easier to upgrade from 5 to 9. Michigan was also a program much like Nebraska was in its last year with Callahan. Players quit midway thru and it got worse as it went. So who really knows if they are in that bad of shape.

Riley was out recruiting in SF and Perlman was there for a meeting. ESPN wrote an entire article about it. You should read it

So you want me to bet that Michigan goes 6-6 or better while Nebraska must go 10-3 or better?

Good post. +1

Yes, if we're basing this solely on how each team did the year prior win/loss wise Michigan has the leg up.

I think long term, WAY more pressure on Michigan. You pay all that money, get all that attention...people not just in Michigan will be expecting some SERIOUS results and FAST.

So you have no link or proof.

Ok.

• Fire 1