Anyone wanna bet Michigan IMPROVES and Nebraska

Husker Q

Why was Eichorst in San Fran the day after we or he fired Bo? Why San Fran? I will guarantee you that the first Guy we offered this job to was Mr. Harbaugh. I am not knocking that. We should have gone after the best coach on the landscape. At that point however, San Fran was still in the playoff hunt, and Nebraska wasn't his cup of tea.

Prove otherwise. Listen, no one knows for sure other than maybe a booster or two, but all signs point to Harbaugh being a pick.

Michigan is going to change light years next season. Look at the game they lost. Coaching wins at least 3 of those losses. At least 3. Riley can win at least one of the games that Pelini lost, but its right, much easier to upgrade from 5 to 9. Michigan was also a program much like Nebraska was in its last year with Callahan. Players quit midway thru and it got worse as it went. So who really knows if they are in that bad of shape.

I will guarantee you you are pulling crap out of your az.

Prove otherwise.

• Fire 3

The amount of "sh*thouse lawyering" that is going on the past few weeks in regard to the coaching search is amazing. If you guys have all this inside info, why aren't you being paid by some BS outfit like Bleacher Report for your blistering insight??

Fact of the matter is, you're probably talking out of your ass, just to be the smartest guy in the room. We've got enough of those on the board already without you FNG's coming on with your asinine statements...

• Fire 2

I have an opinion on this and it won't look good from how i state this, but consider it fact in a few years and remember this was said. We lost our rivals. We lost our natural rivals, and ones that were just once and a while rivals. Iowa will never be what KSU was, Mizzou was, hell what KU was for our fanbase overall. Iowa St was more fun to play than Iowa!

By joining this conference, we will make more money and be on equal footing with all teams. We lost any rivalry game, and any games that fans are truly passionate about winning. That will take many more years to replace, and money can't obtain that.

Harbaugh going to Michigan will make Ohio St, Michigan and Penn St much stronger. It will make Michgan St stronger. It will not benefit the whole conference, including Nebraska. First off, its another 3 or 4 years before we ever play them. Either us or them will be looking at a totally diferent scenario. Either Riley is great and were winning at least West division titles or we are a 8-9 game winners like we are now and still feeling left out of all major football conversations. Either Michigan is winning titles and playing in playoffs or they are in the same boat as Nebraska and only winning 8-9 games a year. There is not enough room in the conference for multiple 10 wins teams. It doesn't happen that way. Your going to have alpha dogs and then all the rest. The Big 10 wants those dogs to be Michigan and Ohio ST. They want that game in late november to be what decides a playoff birth. The Big 10 champion game will be just a formality. Like this years game actually turned out.

I think Riley can win 9-10 games a year right now. I think the schedule will effect that down the road however. I think once Harbaugh and Urban get their rivialry going it will take over the Big 10 conference. That will be the key game each year, like it use to be. We can't compare ourselves to Michigan and Harbaugh or several fans will be and end up disappointed. If our days in the Big 12 should have taught us anything, it was once you lose your natural rival its never the same. If a conference wants to set up certain teams for more success than others, it can be done. Remember we are not blood Big 10, and never will be.

When they expanded the B1G so quickly after we joined and took our cross over game away w PSU, i called my brother and, "we are a pawn"

Why was Eichorst in San Fran the day after we or he fired Bo? Why San Fran? I will guarantee you that the first Guy we offered this job to was Mr. Harbaugh. I am not knocking that. We should have gone after the best coach on the landscape. At that point however, San Fran was still in the playoff hunt, and Nebraska wasn't his cup of tea.

Prove otherwise. Listen, no one knows for sure other than maybe a booster or two, but all signs point to Harbaugh being a pick.

Michigan is going to change light years next season. Look at the game they lost. Coaching wins at least 3 of those losses. At least 3. Riley can win at least one of the games that Pelini lost, but its right, much easier to upgrade from 5 to 9. Michigan was also a program much like Nebraska was in its last year with Callahan. Players quit midway thru and it got worse as it went. So who really knows if they are in that bad of shape.

Riley was out recruiting in SF and Perlman was there for a meeting. ESPN wrote an entire article about it. You should read it

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/in-san-francisco-meeting-eichorst-and-perlman-find-our-guy/article_d024a272-7cb1-11e4-97d9-7f8f570d3d6e.html

Why is it that everyone wants to hire a coach for tens of millions of dollars because that is the only way that we can become an elite program again? When LSU hired Nick Saban in 1999 (coming from Michigan State), I bet many LSU fans were not thrilled (like many on these boards) because he didn't have a national championship trophy under his belt; or when Urban Meyer was hired at Florida (coming from Utah) for the same reason. Why not give Riley a chance to prove himself before making an assumption that because he doesn't have a national championship at Oregon State (lol!) that he will automatically fail to bring one to Nebraska.

Riley was out recruiting in SF and Perlman was there for a meeting. ESPN wrote an entire article about it. You should read it

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/in-san-francisco-meeting-eichorst-and-perlman-find-our-guy/article_d024a272-7cb1-11e4-97d9-7f8f570d3d6e.html

espn only knows what they were told........

I think Michigan will improve more and faster then Nebraska. In the short term the Huskers might be better off ... long term I think Michigan is better off. I don't think that is unrealistic.

completely agree. Michigan is 7-5/6-6 next year. Nebraska most likely 9-3

lol, michigan will get the elite kids they need and be a top tier team in 2-3 years......michigan state and ohio state will get the rest, we will get the bones!

Prove otherwise. .

none of you has the real story. Pearlman and SE were in SF to meet with Pac12 officials Nebraska was going to jump out of the B1G and join the Pac. Why else would they be on the west coast? I am not going to give any proof of this....you prove otherwise.

• Fire 1

none of you has the real story. Pearlman and SE were in SF to meet with Pac12 officials Nebraska was going to jump out of the B1G and join the Pac. Why else would they be on the west coast? I am not going to give any proof of this....you prove otherwise.

:facepalm:

I think Michigan will improve more and faster then Nebraska. In the short term the Huskers might be better off ... long term I think Michigan is better off. I don't think that is unrealistic.

completely agree. Michigan is 7-5/6-6 next year. Nebraska most likely 9-3

lol, michigan will get the elite kids they need and be a top tier team in 2-3 years......michigan state and ohio state will get the rest, we will get the bones!

Although I think we might do better than the bones, I am afraid, at the core, you might be right in terms of the tiers of recruiting talent. However, I have heard a couple hundred times how well MR recruited for a school that had poor resources. For those who know, just how bad was it at Oregon State? Perhaps the facilities rich program at Lincoln, along with MR's fresh perspective will help more than we think.

I'll take that bet in a heart beat. I guarantee both Nebraska and Michigan will be improved football teams next year. Not sure how anyone thinks Nebraska wouldn't be a better football team next season. We are going from a first time Head Coach and a staff full of first time assistants whose resume's are laughable compared to the 15+ years of college and NFL experience of the new staff. We have a QB coach who just got done working with Eli Manning now coming in to work with our QB's and coordinate our offense. Thats an improvement guaranteed.

I don't know how the numbers will look, I don't know how the stats will stack up, I don't know how the win loss record will turn out, but we will be a better football team no doubt about it. Hard to say how the win/loss record will turn out because some of you seem to forget that we actually play other football teams that are also trying to get better. We aren't the only ones who will improve.

:thumbs summed up my feelings.

look, there is no denying we shopped at Wal Mart.......we never did shop at Macey's......we aimed low and this is what we got......maybe it will turn out to be a bargain, at least it doesn't say made in China! Michigan and Ohio State will get better coaches and better recruits.....get used to being number 3 and needing to get lucky to beat these guys........we just didn't spend the cash to be the best......we just didn't.

How much money did we throw at Devaney (sp) to get him to come to NE from WY?

Is this a serious question?

Talk about a Wal Mart hire. Was Devaney know as a Macey hire? Ya I guess it is a serious question. I am just saying give the guy a chance.

Go research it first before putting up this post. I know what happened, make sure you do too know the history. I guess this time era is beyond your history books. Research please.