Tavita Thompson New GA Working with TEs

Mavric

Come on everybody... why the negative spin on this thread? We all should be jumping for joy! Although I am thankful and respect the things Barney has done at NU and the loyalty he's shown through the way he handled the bowl game situation and represented the university, I for one, am estatic he isn't coaching for us any longer!

Even this GA should be an improvement!

Talking sh#t on our HC and you can't even spell his name correctly really shows the amount of research you have done on Mr. Riley

Great comeback. Not talking sh!t, just an opinion. What makes him such a great hire? I've expressed my concerns. So what makes him "the guy"?

He isn't a first time HC

He so far has hired an experienced staff

Is a positive image for our state and university

He doesn't like cats

If you don't think Riley is exactly what we needed to heal from p#### c### Idk what to tell you

Good points that I agree with. I will be excited to see what a qualified staff (experienced) can do for NU. Beck and Paps killed us. I did notice RILEY (thx) called the plays at OSU and took over for Langsdorf after they went 3-8. Believe he was the actual OC from 2005-2010. I am anxious to see how he does with play calling in the B1G vs a more prevalent passing attack at OSU (helps to have the QB's he has). I like the power game and if he goes pro style incorporate a Bama or Stanford style game.

I do think he has the temperament and disposition to unify the fan base, the university and the team, but he is not the guy I thought we would get. I really expected a better known HC with experience and a winning record. Time will tell if he will get us back to our winning ways (again I hope he does).

I do think he is the guy to heal us from Bo and his tirades and comments, but again that doesn't translate into wins......It makes us feel better, but so does winning.

I never questioned his character, just what makes people think he can get us back to our winning ways i.e. CCG and MNC based upon his history.

i'm tired of the damn whining. Pelini should have been fired 2-3 years ago. He was an incompetent asswipe and a complete cancer. Riley is a far better coach and a man of far better character than Pelini could have ever dreamed of being. The program is in far better hands than it was under Pelini.

• Fire 3

i'm tired of the damn whining. Pelini should have been fired 2-3 years ago. He was an incompetent asswipe and a complete cancer. Riley is a far better coach and a man of far better character than Pelini could have ever dreamed of being. The program is in far better hands than it was under Pelini.

1) Pretty harsh

2) Riley hass been coach for what a month? Lets let it play out

Im happy we made a change but the guy hasnt done anything more than accept the job and hire some assistants.

1) Pretty harsh

Im happy we made a change but the guy hasnt done anything more than accept the job and hire some assistants.

Exactly so how about we all get behind the guy and be optimistic. They are busting ass assembling a staff and recruiting. We are making headway in recruiting already with the New staff

I never questioned his character, just what makes people think he can get us back to our winning ways i.e. CCG and MNC based upon his history.

To me it's because he's a great coach. I realize many Husker fans struggle thinking that way about a guy with a .538 winning percentage, since we're used to being the big fish in a small pond. But, Oregon State had a .144 winning percentage the quarter century before Riley.

1) Pretty harsh

Exactly so how about we all get behind the guy and be optimistic. They are busting ass assembling a staff and recruiting. We are making headway in recruiting already with the New staff

He picked up right where the old regime left off. Hes doing great so far, I'm optimistic.

But good gracious, the pissing and moaning about how terrible Riley is as a coach is just stupid. By the same token the posts saying how amazingly better than Bo he is are pretty pre mature

If you don't think Riley is exactly what we needed to heal from p#### c### Idk what to tell you

Heal? From something Pelini said about Eichorst? OMG......

I think it was more the f the fans, us against them, the constant media attention on the Bo during games etc...

Watched ESPN this morning and they were talking about Bama and Ohio St. and how teams take on the personality of their coach. Made me think of NU's meltdowns. Then recall the meltdowns of Bo prior to that.....

Obviously unsure how Riley will work out, but a calm demeanor on the sidelines has to help. We make a mistake or the other team scores and the coach stays calm instead of melting down has got to help......

Obviously unsure how Riley will work out, but a calm demeanor on the sidelines has to help.

It helped Oregon State to below .500 records 3 of the past 5 seasons. I get that one of Riley's main qualifications is being a nice guy. Not sure I've heard that qualification about either Meyer or Harbaugh.....

Obviously unsure how Riley will work out, but a calm demeanor on the sidelines has to help.

It helped Oregon State to below .500 records 3 of the past 5 seasons. I get that one of Riley's main qualifications is being a nice guy. Not sure I've heard that qualification about either Meyer or Harbaugh.....

Read my posts above. Not saying he will be the guy we are all hoping for. Just commenting on the talking heads comments about the team takes on the coaches personality.

I would never describe Saban, Meyer or JH as "nice". Winners, proven, driven sure. Snake in the grass, anti-christ? Sure, but only because they aren't at NU.

A coach who doesn't melt down isn't going to hurt the team. Now how much it helps is yet to be seen. We used to have a coach who I would describe as calm, unflappable, detached, unemotional and he did ok......NOT saying Riley will be or surpass TO, but that calm demeanor of TO did nothing but instill confidence IMO.

Quick everyone pull over again. Another whambulance is buzzkilling through.

• Fire 2