Keaton Kristick - Defensive Quality Control Position

Mavric

I am wondering if Bama and some of the others have been using these extra positions for quite awhile. Bringing Coach Riley does give us the benefit of all his past coaching knowledge. I am all for taking advantage of every rule, not breaking them. I think the SEC has been doing this stuff for a long time. Not a slap at the past staff, just too much to learn, and too many loop holes in the NCAA.

I would say this type of number addition has been going on since the middle of Frank's time here. I am sure Urban takes advantage of every rule there is. That is good , and I think we are seeing what experience brings to the table so far.

Ohio State uses retired coaches in those positions to help game plan and spot poor tech so the coaches can work on improvement.

Guys, we've always had this position...most of the time it's a GA or Intern...all the way back to old Clownahan. So, please step off the 'Bo didn't have one of these' nonsense.

GAs are a regulated position by the NCAA. If Pelini was using a NCAA limitation staff member for this job, it was mismanagement. I don't think anyone is saying the task was not done, but whom it was done by is at issue. If you can have a dedicated staff member who only does this job, it gives more time and attention the regulated staff members can spend on the players.

• Fire 2

I want to work for HUDL that place seems sooooooo cool and fun!

Just accepted an internship there for the spring semester of school. I'll try to feed some of the cooler things they are doing if it's not confidential ;)

I routinely submit my resume for any media jobs that open up there, not that I'm qualified but the work environment and benefits packages are pretty wild and irresistible.

Just accepted an internship there for the spring semester of school. I'll try to feed some of the cooler things they are doing if it's not confidential ;)
Good luck. Maybe it will lead to a full time gig. Their benefits package looks really cool. I just wish I was qualified for the VP of Finance job they have posted.

Good for you! Are you more on the computer side of it all?

Yessir. Very excited - great environment to be in.

Guys, we've always had this position...most of the time it's a GA or Intern...all the way back to old Clownahan. So, please step off the 'Bo didn't have one of these' nonsense.

GAs are a regulated position by the NCAA. If Pelini was using a NCAA limitation staff member for this job, it was mismanagement. I don't think anyone is saying the task was not done, but whom it was done by is at issue. If you can have a dedicated staff member who only does this job, it gives more time and attention the regulated staff members can spend on the players.

Bo Pelini mis-managing? No.......I refuse to believe it.

I'm not saying Pelini didn't have a position for defensive quality control. I don't know if he did or he didn't. I just assumed you knew who held the position since you were so sure there was one.

I figured I would get a straight-forward answer since you're so strongly opposed to speculating.

• Fire 1