When Life was Magical

I like to imagine him playing Magic the gathering with a couple dudes in a studio apartment somewhere, sipping a couple Bartles and James Fuzzy Navels, sharing stories from times past. Ah yeah, the good life.

magic the gathering has sucked since the miradin block back in early 2004. why no mana burn wizards?

tumblr_meit12HiQB1qc91k6o1_500.gif
  as i remember he joins the proper side of nerdom.

(if you call yourself that, you probably ain't one)

I'll ask that you refrain from comments like this. He's a Husker, tried hard and put forth effort.

Then again he had lunch with Warren Buffet a couple of weeks ago, that says something.

I also totally agree with ETR. Taylor played his ass off. Only problem he had was that he spent way too much time playing hurt.

Good Luck Taylor.

T_O_B

I like to imagine him playing Magic the gathering with a couple dudes in a studio apartment somewhere, sipping a couple Bartles and James Fuzzy Navels, sharing stories from times past. Ah yeah, the good life.

magic the gathering has sucked since the miradin block back in early 2004. why no mana burn wizards?

I haven't played Magic since beta and unlimited... lol

I'll ask that you refrain from comments like this. He's a Husker, tried hard and put forth effort.

Well I have a son that attends UNL and T.M's reputation was less that sterling (aloof, arrogant). Tom Shatel's 8 year daughter had a flight attendant ask TM if he would give a little fan an autograph. He refused. The little girl walked past him later and noticed he was engrossed in "Angry Birds" . Give me Tommy Armstrong's personality any day

Also Kenny Bell gets ripped all the time. We met him riding his bike Labor day weekend, He smiled big and acknowledged us. (we did not ask for pic or Autograph)

I think QB's and business leaders need winning personalities. I never saw that in him

Well I have a son that attends UNL and T.M's reputation was less that sterling (aloof, arrogant). Tom Shatel's 8 year daughter had a flight attendant ask TM if he would give a little fan an autograph. He refused. The little girl walked past him later and noticed he was engrossed in "Angry Birds" . Give me Tommy Armstrong's personality any day

Also Kenny Bell gets ripped all the time. We met him riding his bike Labor day weekend, He smiled big and acknowledged us. (we did not ask for pic or Autograph)

I think QB's and business leaders need winning personalities. I never saw that in him

Wait...a "regular" student did not like a football player?!?! Come on! NO WAY!

I remember at UNL...seeing the football players and thinking "Man, those guys get laid all the time...that is not fair" so I hated them too!

I've talked to Taylor several times. He was never anything but pleasant, down-to-earth and engaging.

I have a really, REALLY hard time believing Shatel's story about Martinez snubbing his daughter as Shatel describes it. I've watched Taylor give autographs before, and he was not stingy with his time. I've watched him go out of his way to make sure he treated fans right.

I've also watched Shatel spew garbage from his bully pulpit at the OWH for umpteen years. When it comes to credibility, I'll take Taylor Martinez over Tom Shatel eight days a week.

• Fire 3

Wait...a "regular" student did not like a football player?!?! Come on! NO WAY!

I remember at UNL...seeing the football players and thinking "Man, those guys get laid all the time...that is not fair" so I hated them too!

well my son thought anyone who talked in the 3rd person "Taylor will do this ....yada...yada" spoken by "Taylor Martinez" . really was funny. Allegedly spoken in the class room

Then a young man who wants privacy but drives with T Magic personalized plates? Forgive me but that is not real deep. but I totally agree per his Twitter account, his GF is very hot

bullshit-meter-2.jpg

What does this story have to do with TM being an entrepreneur or not?

I've talked to Taylor several times. He was never anything but pleasant, down-to-earth and engaging.

I have a really, REALLY hard time believing Shatel's story about Martinez snubbing his daughter as Shatel describes it. I've watched Taylor give autographs before, and he was not stingy with his time. I've watched him go out of his way to make sure he treated fans right.

I've also watched Shatel spew garbage from his bully pulpit at the OWH for umpteen years. When it comes to credibility, I'll take Taylor Martinez over Tom Shatel eight days a week.

I'm not a scientist, but I think there's only 7 days in a week.

When I met him he just seemed really shy. So from my perspective I might understand Shatel mistaking that shyness as "snubbing" her or whatever. Although, this is my first time hearing about this. I'm not ruling out the possibility he (Shatel) was just talking out his ass.