Paint the Nation RED

Narduzzi has his own maps (very similar) for Pitt, Bielema is tweeting out aerial shots from Long Beach, etc. Surely none of this is new. Floors me that we had nothing close to this before from the head man. Bo's only recruiting-related tweets ever were a couple of #BRW's.

Agree that it's not new or only a Nebraska-thing. But, it's a cool thing for Riley to do. It is another aspect of trying to connect to the fans, which is a 180 degree turn from Bo.

it's all about the mentality. They are so dedicated to the "we're ALL in this together" ideal that it makes me think that's the ingredient that's been missin. We've been pretty close at times. Like last season, a couple plays from 11-1. And one cant help but wonder that a stronger and prouder team mentally plays and reacts much better at wisconsin. you never know. But what I'm sayin is, and i"m always big on psychology, if he instills the mindset into this team that we're all in this together from players and coaches to fans, the band, students, and administration, and the players start playing with that much more pride in the program and state instead of just themselves, that very well could be intangible that generates that little extra oomph to get over the hump, even as we are right now. Joe Ganz on Mike Severe yesterday was pretty straight forward and open in saying there was definitely an us against the world mentality and that there was a promotion to win in spite of what fans and media say. No wonder we's so mentally soft and seemed to fold at times when things got hard. With that kind of attitude it's hard to take pride in anything you do. I'm anxious to see where this newfound positivity leads.

• Fire 3

it's all about the mentality. They are so dedicated to the "we're ALL in this together" ideal that it makes me think that's the ingredient that's been missin. We've been pretty close at times. Like last season, a couple plays from 11-1. And one cant help but wonder that a stronger and prouder team mentally plays and reacts much better at wisconsin. you never know. But what I'm sayin is, and i"m always big on psychology, if he instills the mindset into this team that we're all in this together from players and coaches to fans, the band, students, and administration, and the players start playing with that much more pride in the program and state instead of just themselves, that very well could be intangible that generates that little extra oomph to get over the hump, even as we are right now. Joe Ganz on Mike Severe yesterday was pretty straight forward and open in saying there was definitely an us against the world mentality and that there was a promotion to win in spite of what fans and media say. No wonder we's so mentally soft and seemed to fold at times when things got hard. With that kind of attitude it's hard to take pride in anything you do. I'm anxious to see where this newfound positivity leads.

It really reminds me of Tom Kelly, Minnesota Twins manager from the 90's. He had that same attitude and his famous quote "We're all in this boat together, everyone grab an oar." I think this staff has the right attitude and the kids are going to respond, much like the Twins players did for Kelly in '91.

The biggest change I anticipate happening to the team is where we utilize our recruits. It has been rather difficult watching the process of getting all hyped up about a recruit only to see that said recruit do absolutely nothing for the next four to five years. Our best LB by far in the Pelini era was a JuCo transfer. The same can be said with regards to DL because RG was a transfer and Suh was inherited. We just have to get better on the OL and DL in order to play for anything good!