C - Reeves

TE - Carter

WR - Westerkamp, Burtch -or- DPE

DT - Valentine, Collins

DE - McMullen, Gangwish

LB - Banderas, Rose, Santos

CB - Davie, Jackson

S - Gerry, Alexander

So that's three on offense who didn't start at all (counting Janovich) and two on defense, both of whom were unavailable last year.

I'll go with this except - Taylor as a for sure at RB & DPE as a for sure at WR - can't keep a talent like that off the field. I will also venture to say the new 4 star recruit Barnett will become a starter at guard by mid season. See other thread on him.

Yes Riley went after Stanton, but Johnny wasn't going to walk in and take the starting job from mannion. Riley probably wanted to redshirt him, and have two years to work on him before he had a chance at the reigns

As of now all these Qbs are in year one of having a real QB coach. Tommy gets the early nod because of starting experience. Spring will play out, until then its almost asinine to think anyone other than Tommy would take the first snap if we played a game tomorrow

That's what I am thinking too. I am very unsure why people are seeing Stanton as starter. The biggest red flag for the guy is that he got beat out for clear #2 by a kid from Grand Island. To me, that speaks volumes. And I know people like to hate on TA, but he has never been the big issue for Nebraska. If anything I think he probably has been more successful at getting us out of big holes than putting us in holes. I don't think Tommy is great, but he is FAR from anything that could be viewed as "bad" at the college level. He needs work, just like every other QB in college football needs work. Guess who needs work? Possibly a lot more work than TA. Johnny Stanton.

But I'd honestly LOVE to be proven wrong. Honestly, because if he plays better than Tommy, practices better than Tommy, and has more confidence than Tommy, then that's a damn good QB. No question.

Can someone that's pretty positive Adam Taylor will be starting at RB this season please explain why they think so? I'm genuinely curious as I just don't see him gaining that much ground on Cross. Cross has all the game experience and Taylor is coming off of a broken ankle. Imani is also one of, if not the, hardest working guys on the team. I think if he sees someone creeping up on him I think we see him buckle down and continue to improve his game. Now this is all pure speculation but if we're going off of scout team reports from two years ago or high school film then I'm not going to buy in to Taylor just yet. I think he can be a good player here but I definitely don't have him starting next year.

Can someone that's pretty positive Adam Taylor will be starting at RB this season please explain why they think so? I'm genuinely curious as I just don't see him gaining that much ground on Cross. Cross has all the game experience and Taylor is coming off of a broken ankle. Imani is also one of, if not the, hardest working guys on the team. I think if he sees someone creeping up on him I think we see him buckle down and continue to improve his game. Now this is all pure speculation but if we're going off of scout team reports from two years ago or high school film then I'm not going to buy in to Taylor just yet. I think he can be a good player here but I definitely don't have him starting next year.

For me, I'm just not that impressed wt Cross except down at the goal line or 3rd and short. He is a great back when you need those power yards but I don't see him as shifty enough (speed and agility) to be an every down back.

QB - Tommy Armstrong - A.J. Bush - Stanton ( I'm really beginning to wonder if Bush fits the style better, may overtake starting spot)

RB - Cross - Wilbon - Taylor - Newby ( RB by committee) I expect all to get some time

WR- DPE- Westy - Burtch- Turner- Moore

FB - Janovich

OT - Finnin - Lewis

OG - Farmer- Foster

C - Reeves

TE - Snyder - Carter ( I think Snyder may play immediately)

DT - Valentine - Collins

DE - McMullen- Gangwish

LB - Banderas - Rose - Santos

CB - Jackson - Davie/Kalu

S - Gerry - Alexander

QB - Tommy Armstrong - A.J. Bush - Stanton ( I'm really beginning to wonder if Bush fits the style better, may overtake starting spot)

RB - Cross - Wilbon - Taylor - Newby ( RB by committee) I expect all to get some time

WR- DPE- Westy - Burtch- Turner- Moore

FB - Janovich

OT - Finnin - Lewis

OG - Farmer- Foster

C - Reeves

TE - Snyder - Carter ( I think Snyder may play immediately)

DT - Valentine - Collins

DE - McMullen- Gangwish

LB - Banderas - Rose - Santos

CB - Jackson - Davie/Kalu

S - Gerry - Alexander

Seems about spot-on, True.... That running back situation is going to be a mess (maybe in a good way).

I'd be surprised if Davie doesn't have his spot at corner locked up. I'd expect to see Kalu to see more time on Jackson's side, if indeed he is the starter.

Why is no one giving Newby any respect? He'll certainly push to start . According to Abdullah, he may be the most talented IB we have on the team.

Newby has shown glimpses. I think he is a bit of a tweener. Not fast enough to be a speed-back, not big enough to be an effective inside runner. It would be great if he proved me wrong, because he was very highly touted coming out of California.

Some Husker fans really want Cross to be the man because of his history and work ethic shown at NU. The Taylor fans like him the best because he seems like the most "complete" back of anyone on the roster.

Why is no one giving Newby any respect? He'll certainly push to start . According to Abdullah, he may be the most talented IB we have on the team.

Seems to have a lot of talent, but he's going to have to prove it. Always seemed indecisive, and lacked "wiggle"..... However, there is probably something to be said for not being allowed to get into a rhythm.

Yeah, it's hard to envision a scenario where Armstrong is not the starter.... To much experience, and frankly, he's won quite a bit of the games he's started..... I hold out hope that our resident QB "gurus" can help him out.

Seems to have a lot of talent, but he's going to have to prove it. Always seemed indecisive, and lacked "wiggle"..... However, there is probably something to be said for not being allowed to get into a rhythm.

I fully expect Newby to make a big jump much like Ameer did between his sophmore and junior seasons.

I fully expect Newby to make a big jump much like Ameer did between his sophmore and junior seasons.

You mean between his Sophmore, and Junior Year? Ameer ran for almost 1,200 yards after Burkhead got hurt, as a Sophmore.

You could just tell Ameer had it, and I don't see it with Newby. Maybe with more carries it'll change my mind.... Hope so.

You mean between his Sophmore, and Junior Year? Ameer ran for almost 1,200 yards after Burkhead got hurt, as a Sophmore.

You could just tell Ameer had it, and I don't see it with Newby. Maybe with more carries it'll change my mind.... Hope so.

I wasn't so much getting at numbers, as I was his overall skill set. Ameer had some serious ball security issues that Sophmore season (much like Newby does now) and to me was good, but not great that year. I didn't truly think he was going to be special until his Junior season, personally.