Who's Leaving?

Mavric

So if those 6 left, do we leave the scholarships open for 2016? And how many would that give us to use?

I would guess they might look to add a couple guys late. They said they're still looking for a LB for the fall and might look at a JUCO OL as well - like the one who was at the spring game.

We are 3 heavy as things stand now, and need at least 3 to clear up before the rest of the incoming class gets here. I can't see a point in rushing to fill the last 3 when the roster is over 110 with all the walk ons. Just save them for the next class and not take a last second gamble.

What is the status with incoming freshmen eligibility. I thought I remember Barry had some work to do. Is it possible that they are counting on a sign and place with some of our 2015 guys.

Word is Stanton will NOT transfer.

I'm really glad to hear this. Even if it doesn't happen this year I think he could see real playing time next year. If Tommy struggles and Darlington isn't healthy to play I still won't rule Stanton out for this year if he keeps trying to progress.

I say don't recruit at TE and move Stanton there and/or Fyfe. Bring in 1 QB this year and 1 next year.

Stanton could make a damn good TE.

What are you basing this off of? Rumor is he would've been a 5 star LB if that was his position but he chose QB... So if try that before TE...

Well, being he plays offense and has been studying the playbook, he should know the TE routes. It would be easier for him to convert to TE over LB.

I say don't recruit at TE and move Stanton there and/or Fyfe. Bring in 1 QB this year and 1 next year.

Stanton could make a damn good TE.

What are you basing this off of? Rumor is he would've been a 5 star LB if that was his position but he chose QB... So if try that before TE...

Well, being he plays offense and has been studying the playbook, he should know the TE routes. It would be easier for him to convert to TE over LB.

So maybe he should play OG since he plays offense and knows the playbook...: