New College gameday host wants to come to...

As arrogant as this show/network has become, I'd just assume they take their show elsewhere regardless of how well our team performs. At one time, we held the record for largest fan turn out for GameDay (maybe we still do). Perhaps if they come back, we can set the record for lowest attendance by not showing up.

I think Missouri broke that record

Did they give away meth?
  • Fire 1

Really our personal opinions of the network and show are irrelevant. The important thing would be Nebraska being in the spotlight again. A showcase of relevance, tradition and allure that are all too important towards recruiting. Even if I hated gameday I would still want them in Lincoln for the sole purpose of it reintroducing us to a nation of prospects who werent even born the last time we won a national title.

• Fire 5

Really our personal opinions of the network and show are irrelevant. The important thing would be Nebraska being in the spotlight again. A showcase of relevance, tradition and allure that are all too important towards recruiting. Even if I hated gameday I would still want them in Lincoln for the sole purpose of it reintroducing us to a nation of prospects who werent even born the last time we won a national title.

Winnar!

They could post up in front of east stadium since it's paved all the way too the street now.

It's possible but I don't think the tailgaters there would be very happy.

I'm talking about the sidewalk in front of the stadium. 300 by 100 feet of concrete, with only vendors, trees and a statue.

Ah, gotcha. There would be room for the stage but I'm not sure if there would be enough for all the fans that they like to pack around it. It would be cool if the could get the crowd centered around the statue, though.

Well said

Exactly!!!!

I've never understood someone's personal attitude that they don't want Gameday in Lincoln no matter what their personal opinion is of the show.

Maybe we'll get on Gameday if we schedule an SEC game. 6 of 13 Gameday games in 2014 were SEC games. (Not incl the Army/Navy game or FCS).

Hey espn, there are four other Power Five conferences! :espnsucks:

Well when over half the conference is (over?)ranked, you are going to have quite a few "marquee" matchups.

Also, SEC teams don't schedule away OOC games.

• Fire 1

I'd love to see GameDay back in Lincoln. Being 25, I cannot remember a single time Nebraska was a destination for the game of the week. I assume it'd be quite nostalgic for some to see Nebraska in a marquee regular season matchup. Something like that would do a lot to get Nebraska back on the map.

I honestly think people have forgotten about the huge amount of success they (meaning Nebraska) had ~20 years ago. Three titles in four years rivals the dominance Alabama has shown over recent years. A successful prime time matchup would go a long way to bringing relevance to this program.

I'd love to see GameDay back in Lincoln. Being 25, I cannot remember a single time Nebraska was a destination for the game of the week. I assume it'd be quite nostalgic for some to see Nebraska in a marquee regular season matchup. Something like that would do a lot to get Nebraska back on the map.

I honestly think people have forgotten about the huge amount of success they (meaning Nebraska) had ~20 years ago. Three titles in four years rivals the dominance Alabama has shown over recent years. A successful prime time matchup would go a long way to bringing relevance to this program.

Alabama's dominance? Didn't Urban just get done exposing the sham that was Bama's dominance a month ago?

• Fire 1

Every great run must come to an end. I look at it more as a "passing of the torch" than us exposing Alabama. They had a great run, now it's time for them to move over.

I definitely didn't mean that Nebraska's 4 year span was any less impressive than Bama's. Saying Nebraska's run "rivals" Bama's was a pretty poor choice of words on my part.

I truly do hope Nebraksa makes it back. Winning big-time nationally televised games would go a long way in rebranding Nebraska football. I was absolutely thrilled when the B1G welcomed the Huskers into the club. I was surprised (as an outsider) when Pelini was let go. I was even more caught off guard by the hiring of Mike Riley.

I look forward to seeing what happens for you guys in the near future. It'd be great to have a program other than MSU compete on the national stage. Penn State, Nebraska, and scUM are all historically rich programs that can get us on an SEC level. I've always felt it was just a matter of time...