New DB Coach Brian Stewart

Haspula

So...Never enough time at any one place to renew a lease on his apartment...Wonder if he wore out his welcome at each place or if he just likes driving the U-Haul

If I'm remembering my coaching changes right, almost all of is moves seem to coincide with the either the guy he was with being fired, or a new guy getting hired. I would take a couple of things away from it. He keeps his eyes open for "the next big thing" and he tends to be on a lot of short lists for jobs. Also a good possibility that we are looking for another DB coach before the new freshmen graduate.

He has experience, but is it successful and quality experience?

I would be very concerned if he was being hired as a DC. As a position coach, I have less worry, as generally a guy has to be a very good position coach to get a DC job in the first place.

Yeah, how many college DBs coaches can say they used to be Defensive Coordinator for the Dallas Cowboys? (07-08)

So...Never enough time at any one place to renew a lease on his apartment...Wonder if he wore out his welcome at each place or if he just likes driving the U-Haul

Life of the assistant football coach.

He has experience, but is it successful and quality experience?

I would be very concerned if he was being hired as a DC. As a position coach, I have less worry, as generally a guy has to be a very good position coach to get a DC job in the first place.

Yeah, losing a job as a coordinator and taking a job as a position coach is pretty standard. Would seem to have some good recruiting connections.

From a poster on the Maryland SB Nation site http://www.testudotimes.com/2015/2/19/8072573/maryland-defensive-coordinator-keith-dudzinski-brian-stewart

As someone who worked with Stewart for 2 1/2 years I think I can offer this

1) The timing of this implies that there is something else going on other than him being fired. If he was going to be fired it would have happened right after the bowl game. If anyone was at the Michigan State basketball game Stewart and other coaches were there recruiting.

2) Coach Stew is a great coach and a players coach. Every member of his defense would run through a wall for him no doubt. His ability to teach technique for DB’s can also be seen in the progress of players like Dex and Likely. I think his biggest struggles as a DC came from two things. One, in the league you have an NFL weight lifting regimen and more than 4/5 years to get guys to gain size. Without a monster of a defensive line, his 3-4 is not going to be successful, and I think that was evident in our line getting mauled in games. I think his other weakness is being a guy from the NFL he is used to having a certain level of talent on the field. In the NFL if you call cover 0, you have a certain expectation of what your corners are going to do as well as your defensive pressure. In college that level of consistency just isn’t going to be there. Coach Stew believed in his players and I think at times it cost him.

3) Our offense was abysmal at times, and a defense that is on the field the whole game is gonna get torched, thats just a fact. I believe our defense was in the top 5 in time spent on the field. Also having to defend short fields is not easy.

4) As for Coach Dudz. This guy is a Don Brown disciple, and flat out knows his stuff. The guy is a beast recruiter of the northeast and frankly is one of the most underrated coaches on our staff. I’m curious if he will blitz at the unprecedented extant at which Don Brown did (I believe it was in the 60%) or what elements we can expect to see.

All in all, I love Coach Stewart, and I am sad to see him go. He will have no trouble finding another job, and I wish him the best. I think Maryland fans should be very excited about Dudz as our DC whether they know it yet or not.

• Fire 3

____Brian Stewart__________Charlton Warren_ Tiki Barber

DSTXJPMOMCGWRCW.20130416103755.jpeg______137.jpg____

I guess we only hire a DB coaches with the shaved head look. :lol:

Edit: I did a google search for Charlton Warren and found that pic above of him smiling (according to google). But that pic is actually not him. It's Tiki Barber. My bad. This is the real Charlton:

CYBXYNIDJXWJAJF.20140124213123.jpg

• Fire 2