2015-16 Roster Discussion

We have three SF is the problem with who will be starting next season (Petteway, Shields, White). You'd think Miles will start all three, but Morrow regardless will get a lot of PT.

Smith would have to take a good leap into next season to start over Watson IMO. Smith isn't that good at distributing the ball. Morrow and White bring more rebounding and athleticisim.

Morrow wont start but wouldnt be shocked to Watson start.... The hype on him is strong.

Probably wont if Tarin keeps growing..

Tarin

Petteway

White

shields

Pitch

I'm not really wild about that lineup simply because we still don't have a strong presence in the paint. Pitchford has the size but he simply doesn't want to play there. You can see it when he is on the court. He would much rather be out throwing up threes.

Now, after saying that, this year, we really don't have anyone else to do that. He is trying to be that guy to compliment Shields and Petteway driving to the basket (when they actually do).

But, even before this, he just never seemed like a guy who wants to bang it under the basket. Maybe that will change.

Kye won't be able to help out next year.

I actually think you're first lineup is correct. It has some potential.

It makes things difficult because I like the idea of starting White/Shields/Petteway but they all play somewhat similar positions. Then you need to try and find a guy who can rebound and a guy who can pass for the other two slots.

Morrow can rebound and so i would love to see him at the 4.

I think Petteway has the ball handling skills to actually play the 1. Imagine him at the 1, white at the 2, shields at the 3, morrow at the 4 and pitchford at the 5.

I dont think TP passes enough but that would be a high power offense in some aspects... weak in others, mainly rebounding.

Need to get a 5 who can rebound and play big down low.. Pitch just doesnt offer that. HE is a stretch 4 who doesnt like to get dirty.

I like Smith, White, Shields, Petteway. It's just that we have the same problem we have had for most of the last 20 years. No big guy down low that wants to be there and is good enough to make a difference.

Especially if we play the half court style.

A big or at least a tenacious rebounder is what we need.

Unfortunately, (unless Hammond undergoes a massive transformation)..........or unless there is some yet-to-be-announced attrition............we don't have the schollie(s) available...............do we?

Can we

I like Smith, White, Shields, Petteway. It's just that we have the same problem we have had for most of the last 20 years. No big guy down low that wants to be there and is good enough to make a difference.

Maric (sp?) may disagree........

Can we move these comments to a different thread? We have some that are very similar and better than in a player profile.

Maric (sp?) may disagree........

The word "most" is a key word in my sentence.

Understood. Just didn't want his contributions to be forgotten as he probably wasn't appreciated as much during his time here as we do in retrospect.