Signed - LB Quayshon Alexander

"As of now, I think things might be changing a bit," said Alexander.

The recruit told NJ Advance Media earlier in the week he planned to commit to the Huskers on Monday, despite not having visited Lincoln.
But after discussing things with his mother, Alexander said he wants to go through the process of checking out campuses before pledging to a school.
Alexander's mother is also dealing with illness. The recruit said that factors in somewhat to his decision, "but she's a fighter. I'm just trying to do what's best for me."
Even within the report that Alexander planned to commit to NU, the recruit said he planned to take official visits during his senior year.
Rutgers, Virginia Tech, Arizona State, Ole Miss, Iowa and Pittsburgh are schools that remain of interest.
The recruit still likes a lot about Nebraska, and has a strong relationship with linebackers coach Trent Bray. No visit date is set, but he would like to visit Lincoln in June or July.

LJS

Ahhh the fickle minds of 17 year olds

This does not apply here. Alexander was set to commit. He was waiting until Monday because Trent Bray was stopping by his HS then, and he wanted to make it official in person (as Bray is his point of contact and they have a strong relationship). His mom has not been sold on the idea, and as a compromise, Quayshon agreed to take his officials before committing.

Given that his mom is having health issues and is clearly leery of sending Quayshon far from home, I am skeptical how this will turn out. However, I do not question his interest in the Huskers.

• Fire 3

Ahhh the fickle minds of 17 year olds

This does not apply here. Alexander was set to commit. He was waiting until Monday because Trent Bray was stopping by his HS then, and he wanted to make it official in person (as Bray is his point of contact and they have a strong relationship). His mom has not been sold on the idea, and as a compromise, Quayshon agreed to take his officials before committing.

Given that his mom is having health issues and is clearly leery of sending Quayshon far from home, I am skeptical how this will turn out. However, I do not question his interest in the Huskers.

+1. I think the kid is still going to ultimately commit, looking at his Twitter still has all the Nebraska stuff up. He also had some tweet about still being 100% N. I bet you're correct, when thinking it is in regards to making his mom happy - can't fault him for that after his brother's recruitment process. And, if he doesn't commit can't really fault him either. Every decision isn't black and white, we never know what the kids and their families are going through, they gotta make the best decision for the fam.

I would rather he not commit, than commit and not be fully committed. Take your time, visit other schools and go from there.

If location is a problem. Then Pitt is our biggest competitions. Iowa and ASU dont scare me.

Notre Dame is a bit concerning, but that isnt the worst ever.

Get him to Lincoln and see what happens.

• Fire 1