Signed - LB Quayshon Alexander

• 2 months later...

From Husker Journal:

QUAYHON ALEXANDER, DE, 6-2, 235, WAYNE (DE PAUL CATHOLIC), NEW JERSEY

“They like how I can chase down the quarterback as an outside linebacker.” Said the Husker commit.

“I know they have a great fan base, just the fans being there. Just by the stadium itself. It’s something I really liked about it.” Alexander said

Changing positions at Nebraska.

“Coach Trent Bray (Nebraska) said I can make the transition about reads, coverage, read the tackle, cover the receiver and things like that. He thinks I can do it all. I play defensive end now and I will play outside linebacker.” Alexander said

“I’m still hearing from other schools that I will visit (officials). We (Nebr.) established that a while back on my visit. I told them that I was able to take as many visits as I like. If I could I probably take two more.” Alexander said

Alexander want to take officials to Virginia Tech and Pittsburgh along with Nebraska.

“Virginia Tech it’s a great place to play defense. They are one very defensive minded down there. It’s just a great place possible go to. They like my speed of the edge. Basically use me as a pass rusher. The schemes fit a lot would I do.” Alexander said

“At Pitt I really love Coach Pat Narduzzi and the D-Line coordinator (Josh Conklin). At Pitt it’s almost like Nebraska It’s just a great place to be. It’s where the Pittsburgh Steelers are from, I would be able to train with the Pittsburgh Steelers players. Things like that.”

Change of heart?

“I’m really sticking with Nebraska, it’s locked down but after that I’ll give my definite word.”

• 3 weeks later...