Example of Coaching Upgrade

One thing we could maybe put to rest then is the idea that Bo single-handedly resurrected a dying walk-on program.

If you're going to keep a guy around on the program, get him reps. Otherwise, what's he doing there? If you have more players than there are possibly reps to go around, maybe have a lower number of walk-ons because you can't keep track of them all.

It also depends on where they're counting reps as well. Is that reps actually running our system and is that different than scout team reps running the opponents system? Considering the scout team is made up of fourth- and fifth-string guys, if you not good enough to be in that group I'd say not giving you any reps is pretty justified. Though, like you said, it would probably be a case for having fewer guys on the team.

I was a supporter of Pelini for almost the whole time he was here, but at the end when his craziness started going public (and I'm not just saying emotions during a game but the actual "Crazy" or " insane")

I can tell you exactly when this craziness all started: October 8, 2011. More specifically, when those in Memorial Stadium booed a big run by Ohio State right after a Taylor Martinez interception, and Pelini turned around and reacted to that.

We can talk all we want about who did what worse, who showed the least class, who was craziest, who was sneaking around behind somebody else's back and leaking things and all that, but we DEFINITELY know who started it that evening...

...and it wasn't Pelini.

Now, I can't say I'm going to miss Pelini, but in my book he comes out a lot less tarnished a lot less tarnished than the average Nebraska fan in these last few years of "unpleasantness".

This puts me into a bad spot: I would like to see Riley and the Cornhuskers do well, but I would also like to see a comeuppance of those fans who think "we deserve better, because we are the Number One fans in College Football!"

So you want to see your team lose in order that Pelini (the psychotic a*****e we just fired) can be vindicated. Exactly which group of fans were you criticizing again?

Fans boo. It happens. It's a part of the game. Grownups understand and deal with it. Children like Pelini and I guess you struggle with that concept.

I was a supporter of Pelini for almost the whole time he was here, but at the end when his craziness started going public (and I'm not just saying emotions during a game but the actual "Crazy" or " insane")

I can tell you exactly when this craziness all started: October 8, 2011. More specifically, when those in Memorial Stadium booed a big run by Ohio State right after a Taylor Martinez interception, and Pelini turned around and reacted to that.

We can talk all we want about who did what worse, who showed the least class, who was craziest, who was sneaking around behind somebody else's back and leaking things and all that, but we DEFINITELY know who started it that evening...

...and it wasn't Pelini.

Now, I can't say I'm going to miss Pelini, but in my book he comes out a lot less tarnished a lot less tarnished than the average Nebraska fan in these last few years of "unpleasantness".

This puts me into a bad spot: I would like to see Riley and the Cornhuskers do well, but I would also like to see a comeuppance of those fans who think "we deserve better, because we are the Number One fans in College Football!"

So you want to see your team lose in order that Pelini (the psychotic a*****e we just fired) can be vindicated. Exactly which group of fans were you criticizing again?

Fans boo. It happens. It's a part of the game. Grownups understand and deal with it. Children like Pelini and I guess you struggle with that concept.

Amen, starting to question many people's loyalty around here. The reason NU has done so well for so many years is we demanded it. Our fans expect a certain level of play. I'm glad a bunch of people walked out of the game. Maybe it woke the team up etc.