Example of Coaching Upgrade

you would like to see the huskers lose? and you call yourself a fan?

I am more a UNK Lopers fan. REAL Nebraskans watch REAL Nebraska players play in the middle of REAL Nebraska and they wear blue while doing it. :B)

Anyhow, like I said (but you didn't catch) I would like to see Riley and the team do well, but I really would like to know how secretly taping a coach and anonymously leaking the tapes burnishes your stellar reputation as Husker fans. Oh, and then castigating the players who showed any loyalty to their coach, who showed loyalty to them when he took on the Boo Birds in Memorial Stadium in that 2011 Ohio State game...you know, the "real fans" that wear red and tailgate and fly flags and buy season tickets before and after they boo...

Iowa, Wisconsin, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State are the Big Ten teams that gave up fewer passing yards per game last year.

They all gave up fewer rushing yards, as well.

How can that be? We played Illinois against their backup QB, and we knocked out Rutgers starter too. Wisconsin didn't throw it, and even NW couldn't throw the ball.

Man that is surprising. I didn't know that stat.

I am more a UNK Lopers fan. REAL Nebraskans watch REAL Nebraska players play in the middle of REAL Nebraska and they wear blue while doing it. :B)

Anyhow, like I said (but you didn't catch) I would like to see Riley and the team do well, but I really would like to know how secretly taping a coach and anonymously leaking the tapes burnishes your stellar reputation as Husker fans. Oh, and then castigating the players who showed any loyalty to their coach, who showed loyalty to them when he took on the Boo Birds in Memorial Stadium in that 2011 Ohio State game...you know, the "real fans" that wear red and tailgate and fly flags and buy season tickets before and after they boo...

Lopskers are the worst

Iowa, Wisconsin, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State are the Big Ten teams that gave up fewer passing yards per game last year.

True, but only Ohio State faced more completions (they also played 2 more games than us).

That said, I'll gladly trade some passing D for a reasonable rush D.

Lopskers are the worst
Worse than a Jaysker?

Lopskers are the worst
Worse than a Jaysker?

I guess nothing is worse that a Jaysker.

True, but only Ohio State faced more completions (they also played 2 more games than us).

That said, I'll gladly trade some passing D for a reasonable rush D.

I see room for improvement with both.

UNK just fired their coach too.

it wasn't a husker fan that taped Bo's rants. last rant that was recorded was by a player. and his first rant was apparently recorded by someone in the media. so how do you blame the fans for either?

This would certainly add some clarity as to why we rarely saw changes I'm the depth chart even after multiple subpar performances (looking at you, OL).

They didn't feel second string could step in and do better.... Because they weren't getting any reps?

To be fair, Bray didn't say it was 2nd stringers. For all we know it was a walk on

Per McKewon, it was walk-on guys he was talking about. So probably nothing different than has happened for many years with how many guys we have. Just not enough time to get reps for 120+ guys. It's nice to get them a shot but I don't think it really changes a whole lot.

This would certainly add some clarity as to why we rarely saw changes I'm the depth chart even after multiple subpar performances (looking at you, OL).

They didn't feel second string could step in and do better.... Because they weren't getting any reps?

To be fair, Bray didn't say it was 2nd stringers. For all we know it was a walk on

Per McKewon, it was walk-on guys he was talking about. So probably nothing different than has happened for many years with how many guys we have. Just not enough time to get reps for 120+ guys. It's nice to get them a shot but I don't think it really changes a whole lot.

I'm just going to say it.

I am the smartest man alive.

• Fire 1

But lets be honest. How easy is it to have a top notch passing defense with 7 in coverage while offenses are gashing you for record numbers on the ground time and time again. I'm willing to give up the occasional-and even at times-often, big plays in the air to know that we're playing football the way it's supposed to be played, and the way it takes to win championships. And that's stopping the run first and foremost.

I debunked the myth that our bad run defense made our pass defense better after the 2012 season. It doesn't hold up.