WR Steven Smothers [West Virginia - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Said he'd already decided on WVU in June. Which is pretty obvious given how fast he committed after visiting.

There's nothing wrong with him wanting to be sure about his decision. If you're going to take a vacation somewhere for the fun of it, it's not going to be Nebraska. If I knew I was committing to WV and nothing could sway me I'd visit Hawaii and Oregon.

Said he'd already decided on WVU in June. Which is pretty obvious given how fast he committed after visiting.

There's nothing wrong with him wanting to be sure about his decision. If you're going to take a vacation somewhere for the fun of it, it's not going to be Nebraska. If I knew I was committing to WV and nothing could sway me I'd visit Hawaii and Oregon.

Nope. I don't have any problem with guys taking visits. Once in a lifetime opportunity. Make sure you make the right one and enjoy the process while you can.

If he committed to WVU that quickly after visiting here I don't think there's much of a chance of changing his mind.

I tend to agree with you. Two things that could change a commit's mind that appears solid.

1. NU opens season on a high note, and WVU on a low note

2. He decides to still take his OV and the gameday feeling causes him to rethink his decision.

If he committed to WVU that quickly after visiting here I don't think there's much of a chance of changing his mind.

I tend to agree with you. Two things that could change a commit's mind that appears solid.

1. NU opens season on a high note, and WVU on a low note

2. He decides to still take his OV and the gameday feeling causes him to rethink his decision.

I could see both of those making a difference. Being in Memorial Stadium on game day is a world of difference from being on campus during the offseason.