How often do you wash your clothes?

This was brought up in the Fitness & Nutrition section, but I am curious about people's general habits about washing their clothes. I wonder how often people wear articles of clothing before throwing them in the laundry. Here are my general rules for washing clothes.

Boxers/Underwear - wear them one day, and then wash them. General rule, if you have showered, a fresh pair needs to be put on.

Under-shirts - 90% of the time, I wear white t-shirts under my regular shirts. The only exception is if it's super-duper hot out. If I am wearing a button-down, polo, or sweater, I have a t-shirt underneath. I wear them once, and they are then washed.

Button-down, polo, sweater (work shirt) - I am a wear once, and then launder guy. These shirts get wrinkled throughout the day, and need to be laundered to make them look fresh.

Pants (not jeans) - with a typical pair of khaki pants, I generally launder them after each day of wear. They just don't look right after being worn a day. I will wear pants that need to be dry-cleaned multiple times, but they still look good after 2 or 3 wearings.

Jeans - one of the few items that I will wear multiple times before washing them. Denim is a tougher/thicker material made to withstand multiple wearings. Plus, you aren't really "supposed" to wash them after one wearing.

Shorts - I might wear shorts more than once before washing, but that's if I am just wearing them around the house, doing nothing in them. As soon, as something physical is done in them, they need to be washed.

Any athletic gear - any stuff worn while working out needs to be washed every time. Working out causes you to sweat and stink!!! Wash your clothes after them!!!

Does anyone have any really different thoughts on washing their clothes?

Sounds about right.

Everything gets washed after wearing once except-

Jeans usually get worn 2 days (unless they get dirty for some reason) have stretched it to 3 days on occasion.

Dry Clean dress slacks- will try to get 2-4 wearings out of them. Note- I only wear these for funerals or occasionally church so 2-4 wearings is the equivalent of about 1 full day. It's usually the wrinkles that get ya on these.

If getting sweaty/dirty/stinky, some T-shirts etc. might only make it an hour or two before going in the wash.

The first roommate I had in college would wash his jeans maybe twice per semester, if lucky. Guy was a total slob. His friggin jeans would stand up on their own in the corner. Serious.

The CEO of Levis is a liar. How could you go 2 weeks, let alone a year, without spilling something or soiling your jeans in some way? I wear jeans every day and am in an office much of the time. My jeans usually have something visible on them after 2 days. Of course the times I'm not in the office, I am usually in a dirty, greasy, shop area or in dirty smelly agriculture or food production areas so getting dirty is pretty easy.

I probably over wash stuff.

One thing you didnt mention is towels.

I might use a towel 3-4 times before washing it... depends how lazy i am or how recently we have done laundry.

When I got done with my OP, I realized I forgot towels.

I am the same that I will use a towel 3-4 times before washing it. We do laundry on the weekends, and I will use 2 towels each week.

My father-in-law uses his towel once and then will put it in the laundry. He admits that is a weird routine that he follows.

The CEO of Levis is a liar. How could you go 2 weeks, let alone a year, without spilling something or soiling your jeans in some way? I wear jeans every day and am in an office much of the time. My jeans usually have something visible on them after 2 days. Of course the times I'm not in the office, I am usually in a dirty, greasy, shop area or in dirty smelly agriculture or food production areas so getting dirty is pretty easy.

I've gone a month without washing my jeans and probably could have kept going but just decided to wash them. I have no reason not to believe the Levi's CEO. I mean, he sponsors a stadium in San Francisco, so he has to be telling the truth.