Ernie Chambers making the Big Boy news

I dont understand how suggesting violence against the police is helping himself or his race?

Saying that all cops are like Isis is like saying all black people are criminals... blanket statements about a single group almost always ends poorly.

There are corrupt cops out there. There are also some very good cops out there.

Just like there are some great lawyers, fireman, politicians, and Teachers and there are also crummy ones.

He has a right to free speech, but causing a stir and perpetuating the notion that all cops are bad is reason enough for him to step down.

Sorry, but I'm tired of the "self entitlement" of some "members" of our society...

Like so-called Christians and their persecution complex?

Remember when he tried to sue God?

I remember that. This is definitely someone who should be handling firearms around police officers.

Don't you dare infringe on Ernie's Second Amendment rights...or you're just like that Barack Hussein Obama, trying to kill the United States with his health care and ammo restrictions.

I think everyone is taking what he said a bit too literally. He never said he was going to shoot a cop. What he was saying in a not so PC and very inflammatory way is that a black citizen isn't afforded the same protection as a police officer. The officer can "shoot first" and ask questions latter and be protected under probable cause or the letter of the law, ultimately not being accountable for their actions. But as has been discussed for some time here and around the nation, minorities have been continually harassed, even killed, and have had little to no recourse.

I think everyone is taking what he said a bit too literally. He never said he was going to shoot a cop. What he was saying in a not so PC and very inflammatory way is that a black citizen isn't afforded the same protection as a police officer. The officer can "shoot first" and ask questions latter and be protected under probable cause or the letter of the law, ultimately not being accountable for their actions. But as has been discussed for some time here and around the nation, minorities have been continually harassed, even killed, and have had little to no recourse.

IF he had shared his message like that, this wouldnt be an issue.

The fact that he compared the police to ISIS and said he would probably shoot a cop if he had a gun is the issue.

He said those words..

• Fire 3

You have critical thinking skills, it's not hard to understand what he meant. It was metaphorical. He's obviously not going to go out and pop a cop, but he feels that they are afforded more protection than the citizens they are supposed to serve. And the ISIS comparison while not PC is understandable. The vast majority of Americans are in no way directly affected by ISIS, but black communities are in fact terrorized by the police a la Ferguson and North Omaha. The article even sites incidents.

And to say black communities are terrorized by the police. Look at the statistics. More blacks kill blacks than the police ever have. Police try to go in and sort out the mess and deal with multiple volatile situations with all the persons of interest and bystanders.

Blood and Crypts, drug dealers, pimps.. They are the ISIS.

I don't take it personal, I understand where you and Minne come from. I don't agree with Chambers comparison but it's no different than some rhetoric you get from the far right.And given recent events the underlying message, as clouded as it may be, is still relevant.

You can also look at the statistics from Ferguson Rawhide and see that by the definition black citizen could have easily felt terrorized by the police force there.

I agree Z. Not saying it doesn't happen because it does. (police violence) I think military equipment used on US streets can be very terrorizing to EVERYONE. :)

Far Right, Far Left suck. As does apathy.

Just for arguments sake; FBI 2012 justifiable homicide LE: 410 Priv. Citizen 320 Criminal Homicides 6450 black, 5840 white. The justifiable was not broken down into race in the report I read. fyi

As far as ferguson goes; way too much stupidity from numerous groups. From the feds down to the people on the street.

Evidence showed to the Grand Jury let them determine that no charges against LEO Wilson would be brought. So the family thinks the LEO didn't get a punishment fit for his lethal actions but didn't say a thing about the actions of their son.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/24/ferguson-grand-jury-deliberations/19474907/

And if I'm not mistaken the Feds did not having findings to bring charges against him either. So.........what do we do as a Nation?

That's the irony of the whole thing. If you're totally honest about the situation there's no way you can convict Officer Wilson, but at the same time this "justifiable" killing brought to light some serious issues that have been simmering below the surface for too long.

I don't know what the answer is, but mentalities need to change on both sides of the fence.

Therein lies the rub; two sides to every situation depending on the point of view.

The difference being that LEO's can put a criminal in jail awaiting trial; while the criminal wants to stay free.

410 justifiable homicides by LEO performing their duties as sworn police officers. 50 LEO's feloniously killed while performing their sworn duties. Of the two, only one is a crime. As per the justice system.

I believe in a person's right to self-defense; just not while committing a crime. Doesn't matter who you are.

Nope, I'm not a LEO. Although many of my friends/family are in the profession.

His comments are just plain stupid and shouldn't have been said. The vast majority of police officers are good people who do their jobs very well. Police are always going to have more leeway to use force than the general public. Honestly, I can't even fathom why someone questions that. Do they go too far sometimes? Sure. Does that need to be fought against whenever we can? Sure.

His comments however, make it sound like Police just love going out and shooting up the town whenever they can. That is a ridiculous statement. Every single police officer I have ever known personally and even heard interviewed will tell you that taking their gun out of the holster is the absolute last thing they want to do and they all hope they go through their careers hoping they never have to.

Are there bad apples that get through? Yes. That is the case with any job ever created. Not everyone who gets hired for any job is the right person for that job.

Now, here is a big problem that Chambers just can't figure out. He says all these provocative things to get in the news and he thinks he is making a good statement. However, just this morning, on the way to work there was an interview on the radio with a reporter at the state house. They were talking about a bill that would allow guns in bars. Hmmm...you know what? This is what was being debated when Dill Wad Chambers made his comments. I had no clue. His comments had dominated the news so much that I didn't even know what really was being debated.

Here is another big problem with his comments. Everyone knows that there are idiots out there on both sides. There are idiots out there that really believe Obama and his administration is trying to take over the world, take our guns away and turn it into a communist muslim utopia of Sharia Law. These people tend to be the ones who rush to Nevada to point their guns at government officials who are simply there to uphold the law that an idiot rancher seems to think don't apply to him.

On the flip side, some black kid with a gun hears Chamber's comments and thinks..."Wow....I'm supposed to shoot the police before they shoot me". That's how people get killed and how these things escalate into horrible situations.

Ernie Chambers is an idiot and always has been. He lives off of making wild statements that keeps his name in the news. The guy needs to retire and go feed the ducks for the rest of his life. At least doing that he isn't saying things that potentially can get people killed.

• Fire 1