Gregory tests positive for pot at combine

Amac3309

The tax revenue is what will eventually make the change.

The more prevalent that legalized pot becomes, the more the price will drop. There will be no revenue on marijuana when it is grown by the quarter section and planted by John Deeres and not aging pony-tailed hippies on patios. The price will be slightly less than that of good alfalfa hay...so figure the government's share of $150 a ton...

Dude, do you math much? :dunno

I don't think you understand how taxes on things like tobacco and alcohol work. Legalizing micro breweries didn't make beer unprofitable, and gov's pull plenty of taxes on alcohol. Regardless if there is some price drop on the low end weed(high end stuff will remain much more expensive), govs still will be pulling millions in taxes.

Add the benefit of not expending money in policing, prosecuting, and jailing people for weed. To say nothing of the crime decrease that has accompanied legalization.

what else should we legalize to save money, meth, heroine?

Not even remotely the same. Don't sit here and pretend they are related.

Hemp is not the same as smoke-able weed, nor is the market for it.

Meth and heroine also not the same as weed. See my comment above about 1950's refer madness propaganda and logic.

I know lots of very ambitious, motivated and successful people that smoke. Do you really think legalization and the legislative work it takes is being spearheaded by some stoned teenagers in their parents basement?

Yes.....I can't even type that with a straight face....so much backwards thinking in this thread

ok, so some drugs are ok, some are not......it's always fun to blur the line!

Yeah like this thing called Penicillin is sort of useful. Be careful of that caffeine, though! It will kill you and your kids.

The more prevalent that legalized pot becomes, the more the price will drop. There will be no revenue on marijuana when it is grown by the quarter section and planted by John Deeres and not aging pony-tailed hippies on patios. The price will be slightly less than that of good alfalfa hay...so figure the government's share of $150 a ton...

I don't think you understand how taxes on things like tobacco and alcohol work. Legalizing micro breweries didn't make beer unprofitable, and gov's pull plenty of taxes on alcohol. Regardless if there is some price drop on the low end weed(high end stuff will remain much more expensive), govs still will be pulling millions in taxes.

Add the benefit of not expending money in policing, prosecuting, and jailing people for weed. To say nothing of the crime decrease that has accompanied legalization.

what else should we legalize to save money, meth, heroine?

Not even remotely the same. Don't sit here and pretend they are related.

Hemp is not the same as smoke-able weed, nor is the market for it.

Meth and heroine also not the same as weed. See my comment above about 1950's refer madness propaganda and logic.

I know lots of very ambitious, motivated and successful people that smoke. Do you really think legalization and the legislative work it takes is being spearheaded by some stoned teenagers in their parents basement?

Yes.....I can't even type that with a straight face....so much backwards thinking in this thread

ok, so some drugs are ok, some are not......it's always fun to blur the line!

Um yeah some drugs are fine and some aren't....

It's more telling that Gregory admits turning to marijuana to cope with anxiety.

I'm very sympathetic to that, but anxiety and insecurity are going to be a bigger issue with an NFL athlete than recreational marijuana use.

His anxiety is kind of understandable given that his head coach was a delusional psychopath. How many times do you have to hear him freaking out about how the AD, Chancellor, fans, and entire State of Nebraska are out to get you before you turn to weed to calm your nerves?

There's plenty of recreational pot smokers who have been extremely ambitious and successful. There's also plenty of non-smoker's who have been unambitious and unsuccessful.

Just for a heads up, I didn't grow up in Nebraska. My high school in Illinois was HUGE. 932 kids in my freshman class, 555 graduated. Dope and pregnancy took most of the others. I smelled weed every school day for four years. I saw A/B students falling out of their chairs and then dropping out. So excuse me if I don't buy into theories and conjectures and just go with what I saw and what I know.

Why do you think they call it dope?

You are incredibly ignorant if you think weed will suddenly drop to $150/ton LMAO it will always stay around current prices because of taxes.

So would you say dope smokers are wiling to pay a 100,000,000% percent mark up on designer hemp because they are stoned or because they weren't too smart to begin with, which is why they think dope smoking is a smart way to spend their time and treasure?

Chicken or the egg, type question, I guess...

However, JUST LIKE ALCOHOL, the taxes the government collects won't begin to cover the Social Security disability, law enforcement costs (unless you think they should legalize driving while stoned), and other societal ills that come with addiction.

I'm done here....

I'm sorry randy excuse is BS. Guy who may smoke a joint or 2 day his piss will be dirty up to 28 days. Heavy smokers, the guy smoking 5 joints a day. His piss will dirty up to 60 days.

Randy smoked a joint in late January. Tried to flush it and got busted. If any of you believe his story email me I have ski resort in key west for sale. Cheap.

How ironic, most hypocritical thing. And yet beers down our throats during every TV commercial break. Beer is more dangerous than pot. Take my word for it ..... both addicted in my younger years. "Pull up a stool, pour a cold one" in official BS forum. I hope soda pop instead of evil beer.

Does anybody else want to be a fly on the wall the first time these two get together for a discussion?

I'm sorry randy excuse is BS. Guy who may smoke a joint or 2 day his piss will be dirty up to 28 days. Heavy smokers, the guy smoking 5 joints a day. His piss will dirty up to 60 days.

Randy smoked a joint in late January. Tried to flush it and got busted. If any of you believe his story email me I have ski resort in key west for sale. Cheap.

How ironic, most hypocritical thing. And yet beers down our throats during every TV commercial break. Beer is more dangerous than pot. Take my word for it ..... both addicted in my younger years. "Pull up a stool, pour a cold one" in official BS forum. I hope soda pop instead of evil beer.

Does anybody else want to be a fly on the wall the first time these two get together for a discussion?

naw, i would rather take my afternoon sh#t in the morning and get it out of the way......much more important.

There's plenty of recreational pot smokers who have been extremely ambitious and successful. There's also plenty of non-smoker's who have been unambitious and unsuccessful.

Just for a heads up, I didn't grow up in Nebraska. My high school in Illinois was HUGE. 932 kids in my freshman class, 555 graduated. Dope and pregnancy took most of the others. I smelled weed every school day for four years. I saw A/B students falling out of their chairs and then dropping out. So excuse me if I don't buy into theories and conjectures and just go with what I saw and what I know.

I know plenty of guys and girls too for that matter who all turned out to be successful and have families etc and we all smoked pot in high school. It's statements like this that scream that you don't know what in the hell you are talking about. You sound like a 1950's anti drug advertisement. Stop already.

3679790119_a968546ff3_m.jpg

• Fire 2

I went to a huge high school in Nebraska. I smelled weed there almost every day. I saw A/B students let their grades drop because they just didn't care anymore. I saw some great football players quit the team because why the hell would you want a coach chewing your ass all afternoon when you could be listening to Dark Side of the Moon on Koss headphones, eating a whole carton of ice-cream sandwiches?

But it was an upper-middle class high school, so most of those stoners went on to become successful lawyers and teachers and Marine Corps instructors and heart surgeons and software engineers and real estate moguls and elected officials. The biggest pot dealer in our class went on to be an award-winning high school principal.

You'd recognize some of their names, I bet.

• Fire 1

It's more telling that Gregory admits turning to marijuana to cope with anxiety.

I'm very sympathetic to that, but anxiety and insecurity are going to be a bigger issue with an NFL athlete than recreational marijuana use.

His anxiety is kind of understandable given that his head coach was a delusional psychopath. How many times do you have to hear him freaking out about how the AD, Chancellor, fans, and entire State of Nebraska are out to get you before you turn to weed to calm your nerves?

Maybe. But my money says Randy Gregory was the same guy before he got here.

Maybe. But my money says Randy Gregory was the same guy before he got here.

ditto.......sorry, that one doesn't fly.

That has not been the case here in Colorado.

Anyone can grow pot but not everyone can grow quality pot.