Gregory tests positive for pot at combine

Amac3309

The tax revenue is what will eventually make the change.

The more prevalent that legalized pot becomes, the more the price will drop. There will be no revenue on marijuana when it is grown by the quarter section and planted by John Deeres and not aging pony-tailed hippies on patios. The price will be slightly less than that of good alfalfa hay...so figure the government's share of $150 a ton...

Dude, do you math much? :dunno

• Fire 1

The more prevalent that legalized pot becomes, the more the price will drop. There will be no revenue on marijuana when it is grown by the quarter section and planted by John Deeres and not aging pony-tailed hippies on patios. The price will be slightly less than that of good alfalfa hay...so figure the government's share of $150 a ton...

Lol the price will drop a little but to say $150/ton is ridiculous. It will be no different than cigarettes, just more expensive. If you honestly think there's not a LOT of tax money that could be made, I would say you should educate yourself a little bit on the topic bc you are wayyyy off.

• Fire 1

you guys knew he wasn't hurt at the beginning of the year right?

They had to play it off that way, cuz if it was anyone else. They get the boot. Another example of Bo playing favorites

In situations like that almost all coaches play favorites. Look at Bobby Bowden. At the end of the day you have to win to keep a job, your star players help you win.

Lol the price will drop a little but to say $150/ton is ridiculous. It will be no different than cigarettes, just more expensive. If you honestly think there's not a LOT of tax money that could be made, I would say you should educate yourself a little bit on the topic bc you are wayyyy off.

Exactly. It is not my math that is the problem here.

but to answer your question- yes, me math much!

I don't hold marijuana in the negative light that many people do, I got no issues with it. That said, it is illegal and it is a banned substance in the NFL. Couldn't the kid lay off for a little bit until after payday? Obviously the answer is no.

Marijuana is not an addictive drug, it's a drug of choice. Gregory obviously isn't mature enough to make smart choices yet. It will be interesting to see how much this costs him.

It's legal in some places and the legalization movement is picking up steam. We now have 4 States with legal recreational and almost half with medicinal weed legal. It will be legal nationwide soon enough and then people won't be able to be denied jobs because of weed.

Your last statement is false. Even if it becomes legal in all states, a person could still get denied employment from it. It would be no different then failing a piss test for alcohol during pre-employment screening.

Failing a test for alcohol in pre-employment screening is much different than failing a test for marijuana. Alcohol can be detected in your system for what? 24 hours or so? And that's with a blood test. Marijuana can be found in your system for up to 6 months after you smoke it in some cases. And I don't think I've ever been tested for alcohol in pre-employment screening, it's always the big 5 in drugs.

I can't get fired from a job because I had a few beers on Friday night, so why should I get fired for smoking a bowl on Friday night (assuming that weed is legal)? In both cases I've used a drug legally but one will get me fired and one won't? This one will likely go to the U.S. Supreme Court but I predict that in the not so distant future pot smokers will have far less to worry about when it comes to employment.

the idiot states that made pot legal just set up their residents to lose their jobs because most employers drug test routinely....this is now a grand mess, unintended consequences i believe is what its called.....i hope your brain surgeon doesnt fire up his bong just before your procedure.....just because he can!

I've never worked at a place that routinely drug tests employees.

Hardly any jobs drug test...and those idiot states will soon just be called the first of all 50 states where pot is legal.

Neb will be late to the party bc/ they always are. Eventually even moral conservatives will have to stop with the 1950's propaganda and go with some actual modern science (as I type that I think about how that hasn't worked with gayness or climate change but I can hope right?). The tax revenue is what will eventually make the change. Morals are financially negotiable.

Most jobs may not routinely drug test, but when a workers comp claim comes up you can expect to be drug tested.

Yes it should be legal and no your employer shouldn't care if you smoked at home on Friday night. But let's call this what it really is, an idiot test. Randy knew he would be tested at the combine and had months to get clean, and he failed it. He might have to sacrifice weed for his job for a few months.

I agree with all of this. The inability to tell when the weed was smoked is what makes the workman's comp thing tricky. It really is employers/ insurance companies trying to get out of paying the settlement.

I don't smoke weed. Drugs are for kids. I would say to all that the number of your co-workers pleasantly high as a kite, or at least moderately stoned to make it through mundane 9-5 life is greater than you think. And you can't tell the difference.

The fact that Randy knew he would get tested, pissed hot, and now will lose money is really dumb. When you are unable to stop getting baked with a truck load of money on the table then you have a problem. Whether that is physical addiction (rare w the weeds), psychological addiction (more common), or you are just a defiant irresponsible dumbass ( part of being young), it is still a problem; a drug problem.

• Fire 1

you guys knew he wasn't hurt at the beginning of the year right?

They had to play it off that way, cuz if it was anyone else. They get the boot. Another example of Bo playing favorites

In situations like that almost all coaches play favorites. Look at Bobby Bowden. At the end of the day you have to win to keep a job, your star players help you win.

I would have too. Wouldn't you?

Hardly any jobs drug test...and those idiot states will soon just be called the first of all 50 states where pot is legal.

Neb will be late to the party bc/ they always are. Eventually even moral conservatives will have to stop with the 1950's propaganda and go with some actual modern science (as I type that I think about how that hasn't worked with gayness or climate change but I can hope right?). The tax revenue is what will eventually make the change. Morals are financially negotiable.

Nebraska was one of the first states to decriminalize pot. They may have been the second state if my memory is correct.

In 1973, Oregon became the first state to decriminalize cannabis possession.[4] By 1978 Alaska, California, Colorado, Mississippi, New York,Nebraska, North Carolina, and Ohio had some form of cannabis decriminalization.[5] Certain cities and counties, particularly in California, have adopted laws to further decriminalize cannabis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decriminalization_of_non-medical_cannabis_in_the_United_States

I don't hold marijuana in the negative light that many people do, I got no issues with it. That said, it is illegal and it is a banned substance in the NFL. Couldn't the kid lay off for a little bit until after payday? Obviously the answer is no.

Marijuana is not an addictive drug, it's a drug of choice. Gregory obviously isn't mature enough to make smart choices yet. It will be interesting to see how much this costs him.

It's legal in some places and the legalization movement is picking up steam. We now have 4 States with legal recreational and almost half with medicinal weed legal. It will be legal nationwide soon enough and then people won't be able to be denied jobs because of weed.

Your last statement is false. Even if it becomes legal in all states, a person could still get denied employment from it. It would be no different then failing a piss test for alcohol during pre-employment screening.

Failing a test for alcohol in pre-employment screening is much different than failing a test for marijuana. Alcohol can be detected in your system for what? 24 hours or so? And that's with a blood test. Marijuana can be found in your system for up to 6 months after you smoke it in some cases. And I don't think I've ever been tested for alcohol in pre-employment screening, it's always the big 5 in drugs.

I can't get fired from a job because I had a few beers on Friday night, so why should I get fired for smoking a bowl on Friday night (assuming that weed is legal)? In both cases I've used a drug legally but one will get me fired and one won't? This one will likely go to the U.S. Supreme Court but I predict that in the not so distant future pot smokers will have far less to worry about when it comes to employment.

the idiot states that made pot legal just set up their residents to lose their jobs because most employers drug test routinely....this is now a grand mess, unintended consequences i believe is what its called.....i hope your brain surgeon doesnt fire up his bong just before your procedure.....just because he can!

I've never worked at a place that routinely drug tests employees.

Most jobs may not routinely drug test, but when a workers comp claim comes up you can expect to be drug tested.

Yes it should be legal and no your employer shouldn't care if you smoked at home on Friday night. But let's call this what it really is, an idiot test. Randy knew he would be tested at the combine and had months to get clean, and he failed it. He might have to sacrifice weed for his job for a few months.

I agree with all of this. The inability to tell when the weed was smoked is what makes the workman's comp thing tricky. It really is employers/ insurance companies trying to get out of paying the settlement.

I don't smoke weed. Drugs are for kids. I would say to all that the number of your co-workers pleasantly high as a kite, or at least moderately stoned to make it through mundane 9-5 life is greater than you think. And you can't tell the difference.

The fact that Randy knew he would get tested, pissed hot, and now will lose money is really dumb. When you are unable to stop getting baked with a truck load of money on the table then you have a problem. Whether that is physical addiction (rare w the weeds), psychological addiction (more common), or you are just a defiant irresponsible dumbass ( part of being young), it is still a problem; a drug problem.

just shows he has no control, although he thinks he does......first step in getting right is admission of problem.

• Fire 1

Nebraska was one of the first states to decriminalize pot. They may have been the second state if my memory is correct.

In 1973, Oregon became the first state to decriminalize cannabis possession.[4] By 1978 Alaska, California, Colorado, Mississippi, New York,Nebraska, North Carolina, and Ohio had some form of cannabis decriminalization.[5] Certain cities and counties, particularly in California, have adopted laws to further decriminalize cannabis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decriminalization_of_non-medical_cannabis_in_the_United_States

I stand corrected.