Gregory tests positive for pot at combine

Amac3309

I honestly can not believe I just read posts trying to make poor Randy out to be a victim. Absolutely baffling.

If we contemplate the truest sense of right and wrong, it's not baffling at all. He's absolutely the victim of a broken system.

As is the single mother who was sent to prison for a decade for selling a dime bag.

As is the epileptic child who can't get the medicine he needs.

These are the types of people who RG should be lumped in with. Not an alleged rapist.

Good friggen Lord.

He isn't in jail. He isn't denied a job. He isn't raped. He isn't anything other than tested positive for a drug that a potential future employer says that if you do, you potentially will be punished if you work for them.

This victimization of anything here is just plain preposterous. And, you never have seen me on any of these boards go down this path....but....this victimization of Gregory is a part of a problem that I hear teachers in our school systems talk about all the time. When little Johnny gets caught doing something against school rules, the parents don't sit little Johnny down and punish and explain that he has to abide by the rules. They turn to the principal to call the teacher in to chew them out for why they are disciplining little Johnny. When in fact, little Johnny is a little sh#t head that knows how to work the system.

Life has rules. You might not agree with all the rules. But, when there is a rule that an employer has to work for them and you know those rules very clearly and you break those rules....that's on YOU not the employer.

Terrible reasoning.

Under that way of thinking, slavery would still be a thing and women couldn't vote, ya' know, 'cause thems the rules.

Rules aren't static. Rules aren't inherently just. Rules can be made and upheld for dubious and nefarious reasons, and not everyone who breaks them is a sh#t head. Not everyone who breaks them is in the wrong.

You can have your rules and backwards thinking. That's not how progress is made.

Fine....I will have my rules in my company and anyone who is found to smoke pot won't work for me. This is based on almost being killed on the job by someone who was stoned. If you want to go smoke pot....go work for someone else. That is the option Gregory has too.

If I own a company, I have the ability to make the rules. If enough people don't agree with my rules that I can't find employees, then I have the option to amend my rules.

If you own the company I work for, it's none of your damn business what I do on my own time as long as I am not coming to work under the influence of any drugs.

Simple solution. Don't work for my company.

I honestly can not believe I just read posts trying to make poor Randy out to be a victim. Absolutely baffling.

If we contemplate the truest sense of right and wrong, it's not baffling at all. He's absolutely the victim of a broken system.

As is the single mother who was sent to prison for a decade for selling a dime bag.

These are the types of people who RG should be lumped in with. Not an alleged rapist.

Good friggen Lord.

He isn't in jail. He isn't denied a job. He isn't raped. He isn't anything other than tested positive for a drug that a potential future employer says that if you do, you potentially will be punished if you work for them.

This victimization of anything here is just plain preposterous. And, you never have seen me on any of these boards go down this path....but....this victimization of Gregory is a part of a problem that I hear teachers in our school systems talk about all the time. When little Johnny gets caught doing something against school rules, the parents don't sit little Johnny down and punish and explain that he has to abide by the rules. They turn to the principal to call the teacher in to chew them out for why they are disciplining little Johnny. When in fact, little Johnny is a little sh#t head that knows how to work the system.

Life has rules. You might not agree with all the rules. But, when there is a rule that an employer has to work for them and you know those rules very clearly and you break those rules....that's on YOU not the employer.

Terrible reasoning.

Under that way of thinking, slavery would still be a thing and women couldn't vote, ya' know, 'cause thems the rules.

Rules aren't static. Rules aren't inherently just. Rules can be made and upheld for dubious and nefarious reasons, and not everyone who breaks them is a sh#t head. Not everyone who breaks them is in the wrong.

You can have your rules and backwards thinking. That's not how progress is made.

Fine....I will have my rules in my company and anyone who is found to smoke pot won't work for me. This is based on almost being killed on the job by someone who was stoned. If you want to go smoke pot....go work for someone else. That is the option Gregory has too.

If I own a company, I have the ability to make the rules. If enough people don't agree with my rules that I can't find employees, then I have the option to amend my rules.

If you own the company I work for, it's none of your damn business what I do on my own time as long as I am not coming to work under the influence of any drugs.

I don't work for a company that requires drug tests. What's in my body or what I choose to put in it is none of your business. Why? Because it's "my" body, not yours. Of course this is with the caveat that I am not coming to work while under the influence of any drug.

Good friggen Lord.

Terrible reasoning.

No, but what you do in your own damn time can/could affect your work at some point. You become hooked on whatever and it will eventually carry into your work time. This is what most companies are trying to prevent when they implement the rules that they do.

The same could be said for a lot of vices. Gambling, playing video games, etc. What someone does over the weekend shouldn't matter to the employer as long as they show up with a clear head at the start of the week.

Good friggen Lord.

Terrible reasoning.

I don't work for a company that requires drug tests. What's in my body or what I choose to put in it is none of your business. Why? Because it's "my" body, not yours. Of course this is with the caveat that I am not coming to work while under the influence of any drug.
Exactly, and "my way or the highway" isn't a counterpoint. It's a cop out.

Good friggen Lord.

Terrible reasoning.

No, but what you do in your own damn time can/could affect your work at some point. You become hooked on whatever and it will eventually carry into your work time. This is what most companies are trying to prevent when they implement the rules that they do.

The same could be said for a lot of vices. Gambling, playing video games, etc. What someone does over the weekend shouldn't matter to the employer as long as they show up with a clear head at the start of the week.

Exactly. the whole BS of it could affect my work....lol if someone gets drunk on Friday night is their work affected on Monday morning. Not likely and if it does, that is one hell of a hangover. People act like if you smoke pot, days or even weeks later you are affected by it.

Good friggen Lord.

Terrible reasoning.

Yep, +1 for you.

Good friggen Lord.

Terrible reasoning.

You guys can sit here and cry a river all you want. The fact is, Gregory isn't some sad victim here. He new the rules that the NFL has all the rights in the world to make and he chose to do something that puts his status in the draft at risk. Like it or not, those are the facts. We can sit here and piss and moan all we want about how unfair rules are but it doesn't change anything.

There will always be companies that do drug testing. There will always be people who get all pissy about it and claim they will never work for a company who does drug testing. I guess those two shall never meet and that is the choice of those two parties.

Good friggen Lord.

Terrible reasoning.

You are comparing something that alters your judgment, mindset and can hinder motor skills to gambling and video games?

Seems legit!!!

• 1 year later...