Gregory tests positive for pot at combine

Amac3309

It's pretty absurd that something that's being legalized across the country can still cost a guy millions of dollars.

I get it, I get it - he should be able to button up the behavior. But it's still an absurd policy.

This is an interesting question that I've been wondering about. I guess pot is still illegal under federal law, right? If it wasn't, what about the teams in pot legal states—Broncos, Sea Hawks, Raiders, Rams, Chargers? Not to mention all the states where it is legal for medicinal purposes.

I'm not sure when if it is legal that you can't be subject to testing like at a regular job.

I actually asked about this - if your company has a policy it doesn't matter if it's legal where you live.

I honestly think he must have issues far more offensive than pot. Not only is it not hard to abstain when you know you're going to be tested, but it's easy to "cram for the test".

It's pretty absurd that something that's being legalized across the country can still cost a guy millions of dollars.

I get it, I get it - he should be able to button up the behavior. But it's still an absurd policy.

This is an interesting question that I've been wondering about. I guess pot is still illegal under federal law, right? If it wasn't, what about the teams in pot legal states—Broncos, Sea Hawks, Raiders, Rams, Chargers? Not to mention all the states where it is legal for medicinal purposes.

There's a code of conduct that NFL players have to live by if they want to stay in the league. And they aren't the only ones - I have a friend who was the principal of a private school, and he wouldn't go to restaurants with a bar because under the terms of his employment he was forbidden to consume alcohol. He didn't mind at all, by the way. To him the job was worth that unimportant (to him) restriction.

This is an interesting question that I've been wondering about. I guess pot is still illegal under federal law, right? If it wasn't, what about the teams in pot legal statesBroncos, Sea Hawks, Raiders, Rams, Chargers? Not to mention all the states where it is legal for medicinal purposes.

There's a code of conduct that NFL players have to live by if they want to stay in the league. And they aren't the only ones - I have a friend who was the principal of a private school, and he wouldn't go to restaurants with a bar because under the terms of his employment he was forbidden to consume alcohol. He didn't mind at all, by the way. To him the job was worth that unimportant (to him) restriction.

It's different in the NFL though when these guys put their body through what they do then are given pain medication that can be detrimental to them. I understand why some players would rather resort to pot than the treatments given by team doctors

Go look up how many players from the 70's and 80's that go addicted to pain pills. It's way worse then Randy addicted to smoking some herb.

But... Gregory isn't even playing. He doesn't have the excuse for it to be about the pain. I'm completely for marijuana legalization across the country, but if the NFL say it's okay before that happens, it may be seen as giving an unfair advantage to teams where it's legal.

The rule is the rule, and he's an idiot for throwing his life away for marijuana. He will never have this opportunity again.

I'm not sure when if it is legal that you can't be subject to testing like at a regular job.

I actually asked about this - if your company has a policy it doesn't matter if it's legal where you live.

I honestly think he must have issues far more offensive than pot. Not only is it not hard to abstain when you know you're going to be tested, but it's easy to "cram for the test".

He does and has for awhile. It's unfortunate that he couldn't get past his demons to ensure the financial stability for his family for generations to come.

• 1 month later...