Perlman to Step Down

Should make some folks around here happy... I think he's a bit slimy but definitely think he accomplished WAY more good & will be missed.

http://news.unl.edu/newsrooms/unltoday/article/perlman-announces-plans-to-step-down-in-2016/

After a decade and a half of leadership at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in which he guided the university through an era of growth and progress, Chancellor Harvey Perlman has announced he will step down as chancellor on June 30, 2016.

Sorry, not really football but not sure where else it should go...

It is true, Perlman is retiring, apparently UNL had to release a statement saying it was true, because people thought it was an April's Fools Day joke. However, is it true that Perlman was hired on April's Fools Day? It would explain why they announced the retirement today.

As for anything else, probably not true. Either way, the damage from Perlman is done. "I kicked Osborne out, and got Pelini fired. Too bad Peterson didn't have the sense to get out of Dodge before Callahan drove the program into the ground, muwahahaha!"

It's funny that the University had to confirm because no one believed it. That is a direct result of ole slime ball Perlman crying wolf too many times with his various "jokes" and attempt to be "cool".

Even if the underline wasn't there, being the day it is, I believe nothing until it is confirmed by atleast 10 different sources or unless April 2nd they are reporting the same thing.

It's funny that the University had to confirm because no one believed it. That is a direct result of ole slime ball Perlman crying wolf too many times with his various "jokes" and attempt to be "cool".

You will not be missed,regardless of how much good your supporters have said you've done.

No, I think it's a direct result of it being April Fools day.

• Fire 1

It's funny that the University had to confirm because no one believed it. That is a direct result of ole slime ball Perlman crying wolf too many times with his various "jokes" and attempt to be "cool".You will not be missed,regardless of how much good your supporters have said you've done.

No, I think it's a direct result of it being April Fools day.

For those who aren't on social media, you're right. But my feed was filled with sarcastic jokes all day, "oh look, Harvey trying to be funny again.." stuff like that. I'm not going to deny some of the accomplishments he's made, but the patience with him has been wearing thin amongst a lot of people. He has really hurt his professional image with some of his attempts to be "funny".

He has just has said some things that really don't sit well. Like trying to make jokes about students getting to class during snowstorms. How funny would you be if a student had crashed on the way to campus and been seriously injured or killed? Just stuff like that that is completely unnecessary and distasteful from someone in his position.

Disclaimer:before I get the "you're just a pissed off kid who was mad school wasn't cancelled" response.. I was already out of school. I would have to look for the tweets, it was not a good look, is all.

He has just has said some things that really don't sit well. Like trying to make jokes about students getting to class during snowstorms. How funny would you be if a student had crashed on the way to campus and been seriously injured or killed? Just stuff like that that is completely unnecessary and distasteful from someone in his position.

Disclaimer:before I get the "you're just a pissed off kid who was mad school wasn't cancelled" response.. I was already out of school. I would have to look for the tweets, it was not a good look, is all.

Probably had to do with them cancelling classes ahead of time when Winter Storm Q came through a couple years ago and we got like 3 inches.