Perlman to Step Down

CornNation@CornNation 2h

2 hours ago

UNL chancellor Harvey Perlman announces retirement; Jim Tressel named successor. http://sbn.to/1ajr4UQ

CBhjteYWkAAThkd.jpg

July 1st 2016 - Jim Tressel introduced as Perlmans succesor

July 2nd 2016 - Jim Tressel fires Mike Riley after a 10-4 season saying "Nebraska has been treading water for far too long, a new direction is needed."

July 3rd 2016 - Bo Pelini introduced as Mike Rileys replacement.

July 4th 2016 - The nation mourns the implosion of 3/4 of Nebraska.

• Fire 2

It's funny that the University had to confirm because no one believed it. That is a direct result of ole slime ball Perlman crying wolf too many times with his various "jokes" and attempt to be "cool".You will not be missed,regardless of how much good your supporters have said you've done.

No, I think it's a direct result of it being April Fools day.

For those who aren't on social media, you're right. But my feed was filled with sarcastic jokes all day, "oh look, Harvey trying to be funny again.." stuff like that. I'm not going to deny some of the accomplishments he's made, but the patience with him has been wearing thin amongst a lot of people. He has really hurt his professional image with some of his attempts to be "funny".

I won't disagree with parts of this, but, I will say that at least in terms of accomplishments there are very two different sides. Academically speaking, Perlman has done a lot of really, really good things for the university. He'll be more remembered for his involvement in the football program, though, especially as the person who oversaw three coach's firings. Fair or not, and funny or not, I think he did a decent job.

• Fire 1

It's funny that the University had to confirm because no one believed it. That is a direct result of ole slime ball Perlman crying wolf too many times with his various "jokes" and attempt to be "cool".You will not be missed,regardless of how much good your supporters have said you've done.

No, I think it's a direct result of it being April Fools day.

For those who aren't on social media, you're right. But my feed was filled with sarcastic jokes all day, "oh look, Harvey trying to be funny again.." stuff like that. I'm not going to deny some of the accomplishments he's made, but the patience with him has been wearing thin amongst a lot of people. He has really hurt his professional image with some of his attempts to be "funny".

I won't disagree with parts of this, but, I will say that at least in terms of accomplishments there are very two different sides. Academically speaking, Perlman has done a lot of really, really good things for the university. He'll be more remembered for his involvement in the football program, though, especially as the person who oversaw three coach's firings. Fair or not, and funny or not, I think he did a decent job.
My dislike for Perlman has nothing to do with his involvement in athletics, I don't fall in that camp. And I won't deny his contributions academically either. But that doesn't mean he isn't a slimy, hypocritical jackass.

Yeah, I'm having trouble accepting that his professional image has truly been tarnished, but maybe. I mean, students and recent alums are one matter, but administrators are often unpopular with them -- unrelated to their overall professional image. He ridiculously tweeted "YOLO" one time also, but I'm not sure that affects his professional image or accomplishments either. Twitter's a very different and odd arena sometimes.

• Fire 1

The thing is, we have very little insight into the vast majority of Perlman's responsibilities. He runs the whole university. Athletics is a tiny, but important, part of his job. And it's something he largely delegates. I think Perlman did well in hiring Eichorst. (/JMHO) As near as I can tell UNL, as a whole, is doing better now than 15 years ago when Perlman took over. Enrollment is up. The university's image seems headed in the right direction. I don't understand all the hate. :dunno

• Fire 3

The thing is, we have very little insight into the vast majority of Perlman's responsibilities. He runs the whole university. Athletics is a tiny, but important, part of his job. And it's something he largely delegates. I think Perlman did well in hiring Eichorst. (/JMHO) As near as I can tell UNL, as a whole, is doing better now than 15 years ago when Perlman took over. Enrollment is up. The university's image seems headed in the right direction. I don't understand all the hate. :dunno

From a strictly Football fan standpoint, have you ever read "Death to the BCS"?