The Paranormal

Okay. So I am going to be serious for a moment about this topic. Hopefully Redux will forgive me from my last posts and answer. If not, I understand.

The equipment you own for this. Is it meant to find paranormal activity or to not find it? You said you do a lot of disproving so I wondered if the machines were meant to not find ghosts or to find them.

Okay. So I am going to be serious for a moment about this topic. Hopefully Redux will forgive me from my last posts and answer. If not, I understand.

The equipment you own for this. Is it meant to find paranormal activity or to not find it? You said you do a lot of disproving so I wondered if the machines were meant to not find ghosts or to find them.

More than happy to answer.

The standard equipment we use is as follows:

-DVR with IR cameras that see in the dark. These are mostly for monitoring our own position as well as hopefully catching something out of the ordinary to correlate with the clients claims.

-Handheld Camcorders to document us while we look for things that may be causing the activity.

-Audio recorders are used during EVP sweeps. This is after we look for the logical explanation. During this technique we try to capture some form of interaction via noises or voices. Some groups then manipulate the audio in such a way that they end up making their own "voices" but I tend to leave the audio as is so Im not presenting a false recording to a client.

-KII, EMF meter and Mel meters. These all gauge the areas electronic field. During a walkthrough we try to get a base reading to see if there are any electronics or machines giving off high levels that may cause one to feel strange or cause infrasound that makes someone uneasy or hallucinate. We also use these devices to try and interact with any presence that may be there. It sounds wacky but we have caught some pretty remarkable interactions this way.

-Laser grid. If we capture something on camera this will show us that the object moving is 3 dimensional and not Caspers outline.

So really we use our equipment for both trying to disprove or end result show if there is indeed some strange force at work.

-DVR with IR cameras that see in the dark. These are mostly for monitoring our own position as well as hopefully catching something out of the ordinary to correlate with the clients claims.

-Handheld Camcorders to document us while we look for things that may be causing the activity.

-Audio recorders are used during EVP sweeps. This is after we look for the logical explanation. During this technique we try to capture some form of interaction via noises or voices. Some groups then manipulate the audio in such a way that they end up making their own "voices" but I tend to leave the audio as is so Im not presenting a false recording to a client.

-KII, EMF meter and Mel meters. These all gauge the areas electronic field. During a walkthrough we try to get a base reading to see if there are any electronics or machines giving off high levels that may cause one to feel strange or cause infrasound that makes someone uneasy or hallucinate. We also use these devices to try and interact with any presence that may be there. It sounds wacky but we have caught some pretty remarkable interactions this way.

-Laser grid. If we capture something on camera this will show us that the object moving is 3 dimensional and not Caspers outline.

So really we use our equipment for both trying to disprove or end result show if there is indeed some strange force at work.

Is the work always done in the dark? Or do you look at someone's house during the day?

Is the work always done in the dark? Or do you look at someone's house during the day?

Why do you only look for this stuff in the dark?

They only come out at night.

Redux, who cares what others opinions are of what you do? This is your hobby and your passion. Its your money to spend anyway you please. Its no different than a book reader spending money for multiple books. Or a painter spending money for paint and a canvas. Those are their hobbies, this is yours. You get to travel the country and see some of the more famous "haunted" places and help people with their fear. I think that's pretty cool. Who gives a f#*k about what Junior or anyone else think. Just keep doing what you love to do!

:thumbs Had to +1 this.

A few reasons. One, most claims of activity happen at night so we try to sync up time wise with when we could expect something. In the dark your other sense are heightened, so whatever sense it is that senses something strange will be more useful.

Also because we all work during the day. And because there is less outside interference at night.

Interesting topic. Just so happens that I talked to a 2nd person this weekend who had worked at a particular funeral home here in Tulsa (the previous person who worked there told me the same story about 7 years ago). At said funeral home, pretty much all of the employees have seen a 'friendly' female (in her early 20s) 'ghost'. Both people claim she (the ghost) will move things on desks and is more 'active' early evening. Normally they just get a 'glimpse' of her - quick movement but often 'feel' her there. The person who told me this the other day has started doing the same think you are doing Redux. I think she described herself as a 'spiritual' person but not particularly 'religious'. The Tulsa paper did an article around Halloween (of course) on several places here in Tulsa in which the paranormal supposedly occurs.

As a Christian, I do believe in a spiritual world, dimension that is beyond our physical world. How these experiences fit in and manifest themselves, that I'm not sure about.

I haven't had any paranormal experiences, but I enjoy watching some of the shows on TV. Some of them are pretty convincing. Others are just entertaining.

My parents live is a house that must be 100 years old. For many years, my mother would hear dancing upstairs when she played certain songs on her piano. Several of her friends also witnessed this. A number of years ago, it just stopped.

My wife also had a strange experience in their home. We were visiting my parents and slept in an upstairs bedroom. During the night, I had gotten up and gone to the restroom. My wife was in bed with my infant son. She felt someone sit down on the bed next to them and assumed it was me (it was pitch dark in the room). A little later, I walked into the room. Pretty weird.