Signed - QB Patrick O'Brien

Treand3

Does that mean he's last or is that out of a bigger number

11th out of 18 invited

Competed in drills right next to the Peters kid that chose Michigan over Nebraska. Peters wasn't listed in the initial top 11.... So that's good, BUT having said all that... Johnny Stanton....

That makes me wonder how many of the Elite 11 QBs end up being busts. It also raises the never-ending question of whether Stanton was a bust from the get-go, or if a lack of coaching in college was his downfall...

All the Elite 11 QBs going back to 1999.

Lot of guys who have ended up great. Lot of guys who were ok. Lot of guys who I have never heard of. Without researching, seems to be 50/50 if a guy has a decent career. And way smaller odds he become a superstar (10%?)

Best classes look to be (guys who I remember as starters)

2005 - J Freeman, C Hawkins, J Locker, M Mustain, J Snead, M Stafford, T Tebow, I Williams

2007 - D Crist, B Gabbert, M Glennon, J Harris, L Jones, A Luck, EJ Manuel, S Renfree

2008 - T Body, G Gilbert, A Maxwell, AJ McCarron, Z Mettenburger, A Murray, B Renner, T Savage, G Smith

Others of note:

Harrison Beck's 2004 class had J Crompton, C Daniel, M Sanchez, W Tuitama

Johnny Stanton's 2012 clad had J Dobbs, C Hackenburg, M Zaire (and it still pretty early to since most are entering their RS Soph years)

• Fire 2

11th out of 18 invited

Competed in drills right next to the Peters kid that chose Michigan over Nebraska. Peters wasn't listed in the initial top 11.... So that's good, BUT having said all that... Johnny Stanton....

That makes me wonder how many of the Elite 11 QBs end up being busts. It also raises the never-ending question of whether Stanton was a bust from the get-go, or if a lack of coaching in college was his downfall...

I'm sure mods will appropriately move this, but if you go back and look at Stantons describtion after the Elite11 it almost fits him here at Nebraska to a T. To me that screams lack of development.

Luginbill's take: "He's a rugged player -- just a tough, rugged guy. I think coming into college he will probably be further ahead as a runner than a passer. He is a little robotic, yet at the same time he's very efficient. He has a very, very high work ethic. He wants to be good. The game is important to him."

• Fire 1

11th out of 18 invited

I'm sure mods will appropriately move this, but if you go back and look at Stantons describtion after the Elite11 it almost fits him here at Nebraska to a T. To me that screams lack of development.

Luginbill's take: "He's a rugged player -- just a tough, rugged guy. I think coming into college he will probably be further ahead as a runner than a passer. He is a little robotic, yet at the same time he's very efficient. He has a very, very high work ethic. He wants to be good. The game is important to him."

Is that what you have been hearing?

11th out of 18 invited

Is that what you have been hearing?
From many accounts yes, that he wants to do it so perfect he puts too much pressure on him self and then it shot his confidence.
  • Fire 1