Signed - QB Patrick O'Brien

Treand3

Didn't make the Elite 11.

Shea Patterson (Ole Miss commit) won. Interesting that Buechele (Texas commit) led most of the way but finished 5th. Peters finished 7th.

Edited by Mavric
Sorry. That isn't the official list. That is 247's version.

Yeah, it's too bad -- would have been awesome to see him make it. However, it's probably not a big surprise given where he is in his development and that he was one of the last call-ups. And as we know, it's about how he competes in the years coming that will define him.

Coming into The Opening and Elite 11, Nebraska quarterback commitment Patrick O'Brien generated a lot of headlines and some observers believed his stock was on the rise. However, following the event in Oregon several recruiters were left with more questions than answers.

"I really wanted to learn more about him since we could face him someday," a Big Ten coach said. "I read all the stories and watched all the clips online and on TV. I'm still trying to figure out what the big deal is. He's not nearly as good as the other quarterback they got out of Oklahoma (Terry Wilson)."

A Pac-12 coach agreed with that assessment. "He's not (bad), but I can name others that were way better," he said.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/insider/story/_/id/13261254/coach-confidential-breakdown-opening

Coming into The Opening and Elite 11, Nebraska quarterback commitment Patrick O'Brien generated a lot of headlines and some observers believed his stock was on the rise. However, following the event in Oregon several recruiters were left with more questions than answers.

"I really wanted to learn more about him since we could face him someday," a Big Ten coach said. "I read all the stories and watched all the clips online and on TV. I'm still trying to figure out what the big deal is. He's not nearly as good as the other quarterback they got out of Oklahoma (Terry Wilson)."

A Pac-12 coach agreed with that assessment. "He's not (bad), but I can name others that were way better," he said.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/insider/story/_/id/13261254/coach-confidential-breakdown-opening

He was borderline top 11 in the nation for the event and others were WAY better? He didn't finish 18th out of 18. Another persons comments regarding the elite 11

Myerberg added this: "He's got a smooth delivery, throws a great ball and has the frame to really be molded into a multiple-year starter for the Cornhuskers.

There's a reason POB has been such an unknown until well, Nebraska offered.

He's got a ways to go, and wasn't going to be turned into a polished 5-star QB recruit overnight. He's clearly really on the rise -- but as with any QB, even a more polished one, he has to continue working to get there.

Wilson is a really good one, too. We're very fortunate at present.

• Fire 2

There's a reason POB has been such an unknown until well, Nebraska offered.

He's got a ways to go, and wasn't going to be turned into a polished 5-star QB recruit overnight. He's clearly really on the rise -- but as with any QB, even a more polished one, he has to continue working to get there.

Wilson is a really good one, too. We're very fortunate at present.

Correct

• Fire 1