“Every snap, every moment that I get out there is a huge deal for me.”

Still didn't answer the question.......until you do, I guess this discussion is over from my end. I've made my point perfectly clear. Yours is still a blur.

Also, i didn't rule him out of anything. He's the starting DE for the Huskers heading out of spring ball. I'm rooting for him Sky is the limit. We'll have to see how it all plays out. You just never know what can happen.

Fair enough. Can't wait to see the unlimited physical ability on display this fall.

Can't answer the question. Haha! It's become funny to me at this point.

I like the last post too how you tried to spin it as if I've downgraded the guys abilities at all. Sorry bud.

The question is still on the table. You've dodged it, I'm willing to listen to an answer from any of you that seem to think this kid doesn't belong out there.

Fair enough. Can't wait to see the unlimited physical ability on display this fall.

Can't answer the question. Haha! It's become funny to me at this point.

I like the last post too how you tried to spin it as if I've downgraded the guys abilities at all. Sorry bud.

The question is still on the table. You've dodged it, I'm willing to listen to an answer from any of you that seem to think this kid doesn't belong out there.

I thought I was pretty clear I don't think he's going to be a failure, I even got specific about what kind of season I think he can have. What more would you like to know?

I'd like to know what kind of season a DE with unlimited physical ability can have. Then we can compare notes after the season.

Jared Tomich was a walk on DE at Nebraska that became a 2X All American. I see no reason why Gangwish can't get to that level if he is dedicated and works hard to get there. I realize he started last year due to injury/suspension but he started over scholarship players. That should say something about his abilities.

• Fire 3

Jared Tomich was a walk on DE at Nebraska that became a 2X All American. I see no reason why Gangwish can't get to that level if he is dedicated and works hard to get there. I realize he started last year due to injury/suspension but he started over scholarship players. That should say something about his abilities.

I bet he won't, mainly because he is a senior.

Tomich was a prop 48 guy not a walk on. Even with that being said, NU has a history of DE/Rush End walk-on players. Derrie Nelson and Scott Strasburger were both walked on and became all conference players. Tony Felici was a walk on. Jimmy Williams and his DT brother Toby were walk on's and they became all Americans. JJ Watt walked on at Wisconsin after transferring from C. Michigan.

Why can't he be a solid contributor this season. Who says he is unathetic. Do any of you nay sayers on know his 40 time or his 10 yard time? How bout his shuttle run time? You don't know. I don't understand all the hand wringing about a walk on maybe playing and starting for this team. Everyone seems OK with a walk on starting at FB or on the O-line but he can't be a defensive player for some reason.

• Fire 1

These are the kind of kids Nebraska needs. We are not going to get the 5* deals very often, we never have. But a solid work ethic, dedication, drive, the ability to learn and work towards goals, goals that are attainable. He fits that category. He has coaches that are looking at every level and trying figure out who and where they play, giving them the best opportunity to compete and flourish.

We have a pair of brothers coming in. Most are saying redhirt them, let them grow, get stronger. BS, this is where we have gone wrong for the last 7 years. If the talent is there to play, let them play, gain experience, game experience. If they are as good as some think, they most likely will not be here 5 years anyway. Get youth on the field, it helps recruiting and gives these kids worlds of experience. Eliminates never starting until your a senior. My guess is if they are as good as advertised they will see the field this year Develop the culture young, motivate and have the younger players teaching it. I would rather have them out there playing a little rough for a year, than develop them and have them playing in the NFL the last year there supposed to be here. Use the talent. Keeps you out of the Gangwish situation.

I will never understand Husker fans who seem to disrespect "walk-on" players so much. We have multiple pages of discussion that was basically motivated by TGH's post that was completely misinterpreted by some posters.

I remember people using the fact that Spencer Long was starting on our O line as evidence everyone else sucks. In fact, this "walk-on" was actually just that good and went 3rd round in the draft and has a chance to have a decent career making money at this game.

I see people almost disgusted that Fyfe is even still in any discussion at QB....etc.

Some of these kids who grow up in Nebraska and walk-on, if they lived in Texas or Florida, they would be 3 star recruits. Does that mean they are going to star at Nebraska? No, they have to fight their way into the two deep. But, when they do, some people still don't respect them at all.

I just don't get it.

• Fire 3

I will never understand Husker fans who seem to disrespect "walk-on" players so much. We have multiple pages of discussion that was basically motivated by TGH's post that was completely misinterpreted by some posters.

I remember people using the fact that Spencer Long was starting on our O line as evidence everyone else sucks. In fact, this "walk-on" was actually just that good and went 3rd round in the draft and has a chance to have a decent career making money at this game.

I see people almost disgusted that Fyfe is even still in any discussion at QB....etc.

Some of these kids who grow up in Nebraska and walk-on, if they lived in Texas or Florida, they would be 3 star recruits. Does that mean they are going to star at Nebraska? No, they have to fight their way into the two deep. But, when they do, some people still don't respect them at all.

I just don't get it.

Freaking AMEN! Plus 1

For every Spencer Long, there's a hand full of Mike Caputos, who work really hard, but just don't have the tools to be anything more than serviceable. There's nothing wrong with that.

We've seen Gangwish play. We have a pretty good understanding of what we have in him. Comparing him to the Tomiches and Longs of the world isn't really fair to him.

• Fire 1