Randy Gregory to Cowboys - Suspended First Four Games

Huskers in the NFL. Prince cant stay healthy. Suh is the unanimously hated league bully. Gregory cant put the weed down. Beautiful, just beautiful.

Not all would agree with Suh and I think you missed about a dozen guys that are highly respected. Pretty slanted statement there :(

Personally I have no sympathy for him in any way. He chooses to do the things he does. He shorted Nebraska in his efforts, and quite certain his past actions were the reason he did not play as much as he should have.I hope he straightens up and flies right, but if not so be it.Sometime on the trail you have to take responsibility for your actions. There really isn't anything sad about this, it is just plain stupidity, entitled and coddled.

I would suggest withholding judgment and condemnation until more is known about the specifics. My guess is that he has some mental/psychological issues that he has been self-medicating for, probably including depression, anxiety, and the like. He could even have a more serious condition like bipolar disorder and be taking these substances to try to keep himself on an even keel. So rather than writing him off, my advice is to be thankful he's getting help, hopeful he makes a full recovery, and to keep him in your prayers.

Mental health issues are nasty as hell. Far too few even seek the help they need, largely due to the stigma attached to them as a result of society's ignorance about them.

• Fire 1

Huskers in the NFL. Prince cant stay healthy. Suh is the unanimously hated league bully. Gregory cant put the weed down. Beautiful, just beautiful.

Not all would agree with Suh and I think you missed about a dozen guys that are highly respected. Pretty slanted statement there :(

Some regard Lavonte as one of the top 2 at his LB position.

• Fire 1

This is the very problem with today's thinking. It is never the individuals fault. Always something else caused it. He has to have some type of disorder.

You make choices. His have not been very good. When does it stop? Well we need to help him. No I don't. No one needs to help him. He needs to help himself. We are getting too soft in this country, way to easy. Real life is not easy. You make choices and then you live by those choices.

He knows right from wrong. He knows he has tests that he has to pass. He again has put his team in a bad position. This is nothing new.

I want him to be the best he can be. But he needs to want that far more than me or anyone else. It seems he just wants to get high.

• Fire 2

This is the very problem with today's thinking. It is never the individuals fault. Always something else caused it. He has to have some type of disorder.You make choices. His have not been very good. When does it stop? Well we need to help him. No I don't. No one needs to help him. He needs to help himself. We are getting too soft in this country, way to easy. Real life is not easy. You make choices and then you live by those choices.He knows right from wrong. He knows he has tests that he has to pass. He again has put his team in a bad position. This is nothing new.I want him to be the best he can be. But he needs to want that far more than me or anyone else. It seems he just wants to get high.

With all due respect, that's a pretty ignorant way of looking at it. Numerous reports have indicated since the run up to his draft that he struggles with mental health issues including depression and anxiety. Those are serious medical issues that affect decision making. This is a lot different situation than someone just getting high for fun or as a result of some character flaw. The guy has mental health issues. Let's hope he gets the help he needs.

• Fire 3

I guess I'm not sure which one is true:

- Randy's just irresponsible. He knows he has to avoid these things, but he apparently doesn't care enough about his NFL career. Many stars who make it to the big leagues just don't have the drive that others do.

- Randy has a legitimate, serious problem the way Johnny Manziel does with alcohol.

I only mention this because I'd rather like to offer benefit of the doubt. I mean, the NFL has this thing about marijuana. In many other lines of work Randy could get baked all the time and *not* have to make these big displays of remorse, etc, etc. If the NFL were reasonable they could stop caring about the weed issue, too, right? I mean, what's actually the big deal aside from a national tradition of getting hung up on it?

I guess I'm not sure which one is true:

- Randy's just irresponsible. He knows he has to avoid these things, but he apparently doesn't care enough about his NFL career. Many stars who make it to the big leagues just don't have the drive that others do.

- Randy has a legitimate, serious problem the way Johnny Manziel does with alcohol.

I only mention this because I'd rather like to offer benefit of the doubt. I mean, the NFL has this thing about marijuana. In many other lines of work Randy could get baked all the time and *not* have to make these big displays of remorse, etc, etc. If the NFL were reasonable they could stop caring about the weed issue, too, right? I mean, what's actually the big deal aside from a national tradition of getting hung up on it?

So if the NFL dropped its resistance to marijuana should they just take players word that they won't show up on game day stoned? Practices are ok or no? What if Randy gets the munchies in the 3rd quarter? Ok to take a few plays off and go get a hotdog and some nachos? Man it's just a few plays! Won't even miss him.

This is the very problem with today's thinking. It is never the individuals fault. Always something else caused it. He has to have some type of disorder.You make choices. His have not been very good. When does it stop? Well we need to help him. No I don't. No one needs to help him. He needs to help himself. We are getting too soft in this country, way to easy. Real life is not easy. You make choices and then you live by those choices.He knows right from wrong. He knows he has tests that he has to pass. He again has put his team in a bad position. This is nothing new.I want him to be the best he can be. But he needs to want that far more than me or anyone else. It seems he just wants to get high.

With all due respect, that's a pretty ignorant way of looking at it. Numerous reports have indicated since the run up to his draft that he struggles with mental health issues including depression and anxiety. Those are serious medical issues that affect decision making. This is a lot different situation than someone just getting high for fun or as a result of some character flaw. The guy has mental health issues. Let's hope he gets the help he needs.

as long as we are passing out excuses, what else you got? the Cows knew he had issues when they drafted him.....in fact, the Cows have a ton of problem children, they are the half way house of the NFL......and all the agents and players know that!

Reality is, probably 60% of NFLers smoke. Despite the rhetoric, testing is really light and easy to beat. But if you get caught once, you start getting tested on the regular so you pop a lot. I get that he should shape up and not use when he's on the radar, but it's pretty absurd that pot use carries such a heavy penalty.

You can claim he has character flaws or addiction or mental illness because he can't stop, but regardless of his reason, his use of a relatively harmless drug should not be costing him millions. Period, full stop.

Reality is, probably 60% of NFLers smoke. Despite the rhetoric, testing is really light and easy to beat. But if you get caught once, you start getting tested on the regular so you pop a lot. I get that he should shape up and not use when he's on the radar, but it's pretty absurd that pot use carries such a heavy penalty.

You can claim he has character flaws or addiction or mental illness because he can't stop, but regardless of his reason, his use of a relatively harmless drug should not be costing him millions. Period, full stop.

I'd say that percentage would be higher if it was for Nebraska's football team. Just what I've been told by a good friend who's a manager on the team