Maliek Collins Projected 2016 First-Round Pick by Todd McShay

I hope for Maliek's sake he is right but what happened to the days that a player actually performed at a high level on the field BEFORE being touted as a first rounder? I realize it's the off season and this year's draft just finished, so there can be no more speculating on it, but come on. I think Collins could end up being a special player for us but I sure want to see that proved before we start treating him like a first round draft pick.

He was dominant last year. He had about 50 tackles and 4.5 sacks. All those sacks coming towards the end of the season. Pretty salty stat line for any DL, let alone one who was in his first year as a starter. He is a rare breed of strength and quickness.

I wouldn't call him dominant last year, but he came on pretty strong toward the latter part of the season.
When he was given the green light, he was pretty dominant. Not bad for a 3-star with only 7 other offers amiright?

They guy is good, urrite. But not dominant yet. Suh was dominant, i.e., could take over a game, but he couldn't do that until his senior season. Part of the problem w our DTs is they haven't had much back up, hence, play too many downs, hence, get tired. That should change this year some. MC could be Suh 2.0 in 2 years, IMO, and that's saying something. I doubt he cranks it up to that level this year.

BTW, whatever happened to Dwayne Johnson, the one that's on our team? Anybody?

I hope for Maliek's sake he is right but what happened to the days that a player actually performed at a high level on the field BEFORE being touted as a first rounder? I realize it's the off season and this year's draft just finished, so there can be no more speculating on it, but come on. I think Collins could end up being a special player for us but I sure want to see that proved before we start treating him like a first round draft pick.

He was dominant last year. He had about 50 tackles and 4.5 sacks. All those sacks coming towards the end of the season. Pretty salty stat line for any DL, let alone one who was in his first year as a starter. He is a rare breed of strength and quickness.

I wouldn't call him dominant last year, but he came on pretty strong toward the latter part of the season.
When he was given the green light, he was pretty dominant. Not bad for a 3-star with only 7 other offers amiright?

They guy is good, urrite. But not dominant yet. Suh was dominant, i.e., could take over a game, but he couldn't do that until his senior season. Part of the problem w our DTs is they haven't had much back up, hence, play too many downs, hence, get tired. That should change this year some. MC could be Suh 2.0 in 2 years, IMO, and that's saying something. I doubt he cranks it up to that level this year.

Redshirted 2013. Played scout team last year. Don't remember hearing anything about him from the spring. Probably still a pup working his way towards playing time.

Redshirted 2013. Played scout team last year. Don't remember hearing anything about him from the spring. Probably still a pup working his way towards playing time.

Maybe not as good as we all thought, it appears.

I wouldn't call him dominant last year, but star

ame on pretty strong toward the latter part of the season.

4 star

I lied, swore a service ranked him with 4 stars though

4 star

Arent the OL/DL said to be the toughest to gauge star-wise? I thought I read that somewhere.

4 star

I think Scout did, but the other 3 had him as a midish 3star.

How much hype did Dwayne really get? I remember the jokes about his name, but that's about it.

I tried to curtail the hype over Stanton after those no-contact drills, and that idiot Dilfer pumping him up, but to no avail.

Not everybody bought all the Stanton hype. I questioned a lot of it myself. I tried to grasp where all the hype came from but and it wasn't until recently I had even heard about this Dilfer thing and the elite 11 camp that apparently automatically makes a QB a legend. I don't follow recruiting close enough to know about all that stuff but you're right, the guys on the radio said that's where it all built from.

How much hype did Dwayne really get? I remember the jokes about his name, but that's about it.

I tried to curtail the hype over Stanton after those no-contact drills, and that idiot Dilfer pumping him up, but to no avail.

DJ was a 3* recruit with some decent offers, namely OU and aTm, I would've thought he'd be pushing for at least the 2 deep by now, but his name is nowhere to be found on the depth chart. So, I'm just curious about the guy.

Stanton was def hyped by many, especially his high school coach who said something to the effect that there was no other QB he would take over him, yada yada. Was a 'star' @ the Elite Camp. Currently, he's 5th on the depth chart behind the likes of Bush who was a 'nobody' recruit and Fyfe who was a walk on, I think. So, to say Stanton is maybe a 'bust' is not a stretch, IMO.

Fortunately, ZD seems to be coming on as billed, and will solidify his role as the b/u to TA, is my prediction.

• 4 months later...