Maliek Collins Projected 2016 First-Round Pick by Todd McShay

Funny to think that Johnny Stanton was spanking ol Hackenburg in the Elite 11.

Didn't Hackenburg finish ahead of Stanton in the final Elite 11 rankings because Stanton struggled in the pressure cooker drill while Hackenburg didn't?

If I remember correctly, Stanton dropped in rankings because he did not participate in one of the days (final day?) as he had a prior 7-on-7 commitment.

I think he missed half a day and then drove a few hours to get back and walked into a drill straight from his car with no warm-up

For any of you guys....would you want your NFL team to use a 1st rounder on Maliek? Not sure I would

I would take him in a second. He is super hard working, has great quickness, and the d-line position is so important in the NFL.

It also depends where my team had their draft pick in the first round. I think Collins has good value in the 20-40 range.

2015 Contract info... http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/

He needs to decide how likely it is he can move up a round by staying. If he can move into the 1st or 2nd round by staying, he should stay. Note the huge drops in guaranteed money for last the picks of rounds 1 and 2 and the first picks in rounds 2 and 3. The money differential between pick 32 and pick 65 is massive.

I agree that there is a pretty big difference in rounds 1, 2, and 3.

However, if Collins has a good first 3 years, he will be able to sign a big 2nd contract and make huge money. He would also be getting that 2nd contract a year earlier than he would if he stayed at NU for his senior year. I think that's the point people are missing with guys coming out of college. Basically, Collins would be making a bet on himself to progress and get better. I think a guy progresses more with a year in the NFL, where his only job is football, instead of doing it part-time in college.

For any of you guys....would you want your NFL team to use a 1st rounder on Maliek? Not sure I would

I would take him in a second. He is super hard working, has great quickness, and the d-line position is so important in the NFL.

It also depends where my team had their draft pick in the first round. I think Collins has good value in the 20-40 range.

I know he was double teamed most of the year and didn't get any help from his ends. For a DT to go in the first round he has to absolutely be dominant at the college level and you just didn't see that out of him this year.

M. Collins should go. I don't see his stock improving from another year in Lincoln.

Many people said the same about Suh sticking around for his Sr year. It turned out pretty good for him. The question will come down to money. If he is a 1st rounder he will most likely leave. If it looks like he could fall into mid-second round I could see him coiming back.