Maliek Collins Projected 2016 First-Round Pick by Todd McShay

The fact that it says this is his first attempt at predicting the picks is all anyone needs to know at this point.

I don't care much about these talking head predictions, but that meant his first prediction for this class, not first prediction ever. McShay has been around for a while. I've never looked at his level of accuracy, though.

The fact that it says this is his first attempt at predicting the picks is all anyone needs to know at this point.

I don't care much about these talking head predictions, but that meant his first prediction for this class, not first prediction ever. McShay has been around for a while. I've never looked at his level of accuracy, though.

I think it meant that this was his first attempt to pick player by team.

24 Underclassmen went un-drafted last year after declaring their eligibility. That should make both Collins and Valentine think long and hard about it.

I don't know how the draft evaluation goes but I am skeptical it totally has the best interests of the player in mind. I mean, if they give Collins a draft grade of a 2nd round pick, how many other players did they give that grade to? And how many of them were DT's? There are only 32 picks in each round.

24 Underclassmen went un-drafted last year after declaring their eligibility. That should make both Collins and Valentine think long and hard about it.

I don't know how the draft evaluation goes but I am skeptical it totally has the best interests of the player in mind. I mean, if they give Collins a draft grade of a 2nd round pick, how many other players did they give that grade to? And how many of them were DT's? There are only 32 picks in each round.

I would think that draft grades probably have a range that is given to the player. From what I have heard about Collins, he will do awesome in the interviews, plus he is not even 21 years old yet (born 4/8/95). He has a lot of potential to get better and better once he makes football a full-time job.

Not sure if anyone posted it yet or not but Walter football didn't even have him in the first 3 rounds? I looked twice maybe I missed him somewhere

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php

Yeah, that's a good site. Defensive tackles are ranked here: LINK They have him as the seventh best DT in the draft. Project him to go somewhere in rounds 1-3. (LOL. That's a pretty wide range, 1-3. )

Here is their discussion of Maliek:

7. Maliek Collins*, DT, Nebraska

Height: 6-2. Weight: 300.

Projected 40 Time: 5.45.

Projected Round (2016): 1-3.

11/21/15: Collins has 28 tackles, five tackles for a loss, 2.5 sacks and one pass breakup. He has been disruptive with pressure on the quarterback as well.

8/22/15: Sources say that Randy Gregory wasn't the only first-round talent on Nebraska's defensive line in 2014. Collins turned in an impressive season with 45 tackles, 17 for a loss, 4.5 sacks, and 13 quarterback hurries. Evaluators say they were impressed with Collins and couldn't help but notice him when they were watching tape of Gregory. It was a breakout sophomore season for Collins after being a backup as a freshman. He was a Second-Team All-Big Ten selection.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2016DT.php#5hEAC51DyJxlVX0K.99

Notice that their discussion is from just before this last season started. That's why they mention his soph year, I guess.

• Fire 1

If any free agent or draftee makes an NFL roster next year, it is worth $450,000 minimum. Stanley Jean Baptiste is going to make $6,600 a week for being on the Seattle Seahawk's practice squad.

Why would a college player risk blowing out a knee and ending his career if he could make $6,600 a week, even if he has to go as a free agent?

I agree. I really think Maliek is a hell of a player though, and is probably a Round 1-2 pick. That might be enough to make him want to do it. Everyone's got different things to consider. VV seems like someone who's a more iffy draft candidate right now though.

• Fire 1