Brion Carnes and Bo's Doghouse

Yes Dillard was in the dog house, but had nothing to do with play. It had to do with him telling THE genius to pack sand during his recruiting and he was lied about to the existing staff. Go back and research the actions that our great genius did in those days. His absolute hatred for this program. His medaling with the team while he was on the Oklahoma staff. Such a great guy. Dillard only over came the dog house out of necessity for Dumbo to field a team.

• Fire 1

I believe the OC had most of the say about the offense....not sure what Bo did.....but the 'doghouse' analogy doesn't seem accurate to me. Beck was more about making players run his offense whether they could or not. And sometimes it seemed like he did things grudgingly, running what the fans wanted poorly just to prove us wrong. It's all just speculation.....maybe it had nothing to do with this and had more to do with injuries and time constraints...or just players who weren't as good as the guy looking at them and couldn't 'get it done'?

Maybe Brion would've been a true QB and a gamer once he settled in....have to fly around the sun backwards to figure that out. Injured Taylor may have been our best option ,but I tend to doubt that. Ganz saying we had no backup.....ouch!

Yes Dillard was in the dog house, but had nothing to do with play. It had to do with him telling THE genius to pack sand during his recruiting and he was lied about to the existing staff. Go back and research the actions that our great genius did in those days. His absolute hatred for this program. His medaling with the team while he was on the Oklahoma staff. Such a great guy. Dillard only over came the dog house out of necessity for Dumbo to field a team.

So Dillard was in Bo's doghouse for bad mouthing Callahan's crew? Makes sense.

No

There was an incident when Bo was recruiting Dillard- recruiting PD who was then in High School. Bo at OU

Dillards HS coaches were very disappointed by what happened

• Fire 1

No

There was an incident when Bo was recruiting Dillard- recruiting PD who was then in High School. Bo at OU

So Bo waited till Dillard's Sr year to put him in the doghouse? Makes sense!!!

• Fire 1

Whether he medaled or meddled, it's ok to let 2003 go.........

No it is not. You still keep kissing his a$$ and telling us about how bad Riley is.

It was nearly a year of sticking his nose into another teams business (Nebraska). This great individual caused all sorts of problems for the new staff, the players and families when he left here the first time. He lucked out that Callahan did not pursue the NCAA infractions against him. If he had, we might not have been cursed with the hot headed idiot.

Not saying Callahan would have won, had things not happened. But it certainly caused turmoil within the team. Just as he initially tried to do on his departure the last time. There were reasons for him not being allowed to talk to the players on University property. Why he was instantly thrown out.

• Fire 1

No

No

There was a fairly well documented incident during recruiting that we were discussing

Dillard was held back due to what Dillard said in his very own words was Insubordination- which was supported by what his former High School coaches said about him to me anyways

You said he was never held out except for injury Phillip Dillard says different

• Fire 1

It started after Dillard committed to Nebraska, shortly after, if I remember correctly Bo was told he would not be our head coach. He hounded Dillard, had others from the team contact him to tell him how bad the defense was. What a terrible program Nebraska truly was. There were other players that were loyal to Bo, and worked to cause problems within the team. (This is where my dislike for Mr. Pelini began). At the time a high level individual on the medical staff was a close friend of my wife, and told us some of the stuff going on. I think Coach Blake was one of the reasons that Callahan never pursued Bo. Blake had some problems that were beginning to surface. Did not want to draw more attention to him while at Nebraska is my guess.

Because of Dillard's commitment to Nebraska and his anger with what Bo was doing, he made some remarks that I am sure he ended up regretting when Bo got the job. He never thought he would have to deal with Bo again. What Bo was doing was wrong, the kid called him on it. The kid was considered a top recruit, high moral fiber, that sat the bench for a long time. Comments were made he was in Bo's dog house early on. Wonder why?

• Fire 1

I also don't believe the best players played. Bo pretty much said this himself regarding almost an entire season at one time. Was it 2011 or 2012 he said there were younger guys on the roster that "should have played". When you see some of those guys finally get time on the field, you realize hell yes they should have played, they should have started.

This is why I'm unimpressed by speculation that Bo would have eventually wised-up on Lavonte David, even if Compton and Fisher would have stayed healthy. We have plenty of evidence that suggests otherwise.
  • Fire 1

It started after Dillard committed to Nebraska, shortly after, if I remember correctly Bo was told he would not be our head coach. He hounded Dillard, had others from the team contact him to tell him how bad the defense was. What a terrible program Nebraska truly was. There were other players that were loyal to Bo, and worked to cause problems within the team. (This is where my dislike for Mr. Pelini began). At the time a high level individual on the medical staff was a close friend of my wife, and told us some of the stuff going on. I think Coach Blake was one of the reasons that Callahan never pursued Bo. Blake had some problems that were beginning to surface. Did not want to draw more attention to him while at Nebraska is my guess.

Because of Dillard's commitment to Nebraska and his anger with what Bo was doing, he made some remarks that I am sure he ended up regretting when Bo got the job. He never thought he would have to deal with Bo again. What Bo was doing was wrong, the kid called him on it. The kid was considered a top recruit, high moral fiber, that sat the bench for a long time. Comments were made he was in Bo's dog house early on. Wonder why?

"if I remember correctly"......."is my guess"......

• Fire 1

No

No

There was a fairly well documented incident during recruiting that we were discussing

Dillard was held back due to what Dillard said in his very own words was Insubordination- which was supported by what his former High School coaches said about him to me anyways

You said he was never held out except for injury Phillip Dillard says different

Bo was hired at the end of 2007 and coached 2008. Dillard was a starting LB for us in 08 until he got hurt and missed the last 4 games. So you and skersfan are trying to tell me that Bo put Dillard in his doghouse at the beginning of 09 because of something Dillard said to him during recruitment. Makes sense!!!