Phillips' letters from jail

Imagine what LP could've done if he had grown up in a solid family environment like Ameer did. He could have been among the best ever. College and pro. As it is, it's just a sad situation. I feel bad for him, given the circumstances he's in now.

• Fire 6

Imagine what LP could've done if he had grown up in a solid family environment like Ameer did. He could have been among the best ever. College and pro. As it is, it's just a sad situation. I feel bad for him, given the circumstances he's in now.

That is the key to his entire life and how it turned out.

Be very thankful you grew up in the family you did no matter how screwed up you think it is.

• Fire 2

Man, those letters just got me right in the feels. :(

Yes, I know that Phillips did wrong and deserves to be in prison. But it sounds like Phillips is one of those that was (is) turning himself around, and finally figured out what folks from high school and college couldn't communicate to him...

...shame he figured it out so late. And at the expense of others.

• Fire 1

Yes, I know that Phillips did wrong and deserves to be in prison. But it sounds like Phillips is one of those that was (is) turning himself around, and finally figured out what folks from high school and college couldn't communicate to him...

I have actually always felt that LP (to a certain extent) got it. In what I mean is, he knew that he didn't know how to react to things. But, when he got angry, he didn't know how to stop himself and control himself. I firmly believe that after almost every incident, he probably sat there extremely frustrated at himself for not being able to stop himself.

What I find very interesting with this is that he knows he doesn't want to be associated with gangs even though, since he is in prison basically for life, life might be a lot easier for him if he would just go along and fit in with the "bad crowd".

I think he came to Nebraska because he didn't want to be in the "bad crowd" even as a teenager. Back then he knew there was a better way to live. He just never knew how to do it.

I have actually always felt that LP (to a certain extent) got it. In what I mean is, he knew that he didn't know how to react to things. But, when he got angry, he didn't know how to stop himself and control himself. I firmly believe that after almost every incident, he probably sat there extremely frustrated at himself for not being able to stop himself.

What I find very interesting with this is that he knows he doesn't want to be associated with gangs even though, since he is in prison basically for life, life might be a lot easier for him if he would just go along and fit in with the "bad crowd".

I think he came to Nebraska because he didn't want to be in the "bad crowd" even as a teenager. Back then he knew there was a better way to live. He just never knew how to do it.

He seems to have a deep level of understanding about what's going on, and he has taken responsibility for his actions. I wish him well. Maurice Clarett was in a similar situation, and is doing well since being released from prison.

This quote frustrates me

"I hear Husker spring practices are a little more spirited. That is a plus. I do not think teams will ever practice how we practiced. … If a team ever comes back to that mentality, they will crush the college ranks."

Riley needs to get some old time Huskers to show him how a practice should be conducted.

• Fire 1

This quote frustrates me

"I hear Husker spring practices are a little more spirited. That is a plus. I do not think teams will ever practice how we practiced. … If a team ever comes back to that mentality, they will crush the college ranks."

Riley needs to get some old time Huskers to show him how a practice should be conducted.

200.gif

This quote frustrates me

I'm guessing there would be lawsuits of this happened. Lot of softies out there these days

Kids make mistakes, some kids never grow up. This kid has had problems, but after some of his comments, I do not feel he is the evil monster as I had felt he was. There is good there, to bad he most likely will never get the chance to prove it. Has to be a terrible situation. Wants no affiliation with gangs and is surrounded by them 24/7. Harder life for him than the others it seems.

• Fire 1

This quote frustrates me

"I hear Husker spring practices are a little more spirited. That is a plus. I do not think teams will ever practice how we practiced. If a team ever comes back to that mentality, they will crush the college ranks."

I'm guessing there would be lawsuits of this happened. Lot of softies out there these days
Thanks, Michigan

This quote frustrates me

Here's my question - what really is the difference between the way those teams practiced and how college teams practice now? We have guys going down to injury all the time these days. If the Huskers in those days practice as they claim... the physicality and ferociousness... how did their bodies survive?

Was it steroids? Rampant pain medication use? Was it better training through the pop warner and high school days? Was it the style of play? Was it the benefits of having a far more loaded roster? A combination of some, all, or none of these things?

• Fire 2