***2018 Recruiting***

I wouldn't be all that disappointed if we don't get a higher rated QB in this class; we'll have 2 out of POB/Lee/Gebbia next year, with Bunch adding depth as he comes along. Lock the Shough kid up and let's go.

I disagree greatly with that mentality. I don't think we should settle just because we have Gebbia/O'Brien on campus. Every year we should recruit guys that we believe are/have potential to be better than what we have. Iron sharpens iron.

Now on that note I don't think Shough is settling. He is rated higher/similar to Gebbia and slighty behind O'Brien.

I wouldn't be all that disappointed if we don't get a higher rated QB in this class; we'll have 2 out of POB/Lee/Gebbia next year, with Bunch adding depth as he comes along. Lock the Shough kid up and let's go.

I disagree greatly with that mentality. I don't think we should settle just because we have Gebbia/O'Brien on campus. Every year we should recruit guys that we believe are/have potential to be better than what we have. Iron sharpens iron.

Now on that note I don't think Shough is settling. He is rated higher/similar to Gebbia and slighty behind O'Brien.

I don't normally either, but Nebraska is behind in terms of QB recruiting this cycle. Lock Shough up and focus on getting a top guy for 2019.

And while I like Shough, Gebbia was a much higher rated recruit.

I don't normally either, but Nebraska is behind in terms of QB recruiting this cycle. Lock Shough up and focus on getting a top guy for 2019.

FACT CHECK:

By 247 Composite Ratings:

Gebbia, #202 prospect nationally, #9 Pro-style QB

Shough, #205 prospect nationally, #9 Pro-style QB

• Fire 1

POB: .9189, #11 Pro, #205 overall

FACT CHECK:

POB: #205 overall, #11 Pro

All 3 rated very similar

• Fire 1

FACT CHECK:

I think you have to look at the rating as far as .9187 for Gebbia vs .8757 for Shough. Shough has A LOT of time to go up, but for the time being Gebbia is in fact much higher rated. The problem with comparing just their standing is that one class could have much more or much less talent. Apples to oranges year to year. Probably not as many prospects rated this early in the game for Shough's class as well. If his .87 stays the same, he won't be that high in the standings. Won't be any where near #9 or top 250 as an .87 in February.

I could be wrong since all I know about them is small film sample sizes and a number configured by "experts".

FACT CHECK:

I think you have to look at the rating as far as .9187 for Gebbia vs .8757 for Shough. Shough has A LOT of time to go up, but for the time being Gebbia is in fact much higher rated. The problem with comparing just their standing is that one class could have much more or much less talent. Apples to oranges year to year. Probably not as many prospects rated this early in the game for Shough's class. If his .87 stays the same, he won't be that high in the standings.

I could be wrong since all I know about them is small film sample sizes and a number configured by "experts".

Normally I agree to use 247comp, but I would disagree this time as 247 is the only ones who have recently updated rankings. Shough will get his bump from others in due time.

Behind the cycle according to who? The last two cycles O'Brien didn't commit till May 21st and Gebbia till April 4th. It's still March.