***2018 Recruiting***

Not surprised on Pledger committing to OU. We need a great back, but he may need to wait his turn a year with three solid backs coming back for 2018. A lot of people like to blame coaches for the lack of recruiting, but isn't it on the kid to choose where he goes? I mean if a kid doesn't want to play for you, its his decision. Some coaches have the "it" factor in recruiting, but some are just terrible at it, like Hughes. Davis has got us some good backs, Stevonson, Ozigbo, Tre and Bradely, 3 of the 4 are still here. If his coaching is great I would keep him, but it depends on what back he brings in and their impact on the program, not necessarily the shiny stars next to the recruits name. Development is huge in football and I feel these backs will show improvement in the running game like Riley wants.

Not surprised on Pledger committing to OU. We need a great back, but he may need to wait his turn a year with three solid backs coming back for 2018. A lot of people like to blame coaches for the lack of recruiting, but isn't it on the kid to choose where he goes? I mean if a kid doesn't want to play for you, its his decision. Some coaches have the "it" factor in recruiting, but some are just terrible at it, like Hughes. Davis has got us some good backs, Stevonson, Ozigbo, Tre and Bradely, 3 of the 4 are still here. If his coaching is great I would keep him, but it depends on what back he brings in and their impact on the program, not necessarily the shiny stars next to the recruits name. Development is huge in football and I feel these backs will show improvement in the running game like Riley wants.

Can't count Stevenson--he gone

Bradley was coming here no matter what

We stole Ozigbo from Iowa State

Tre Bryant is it.

Wilhite was the primary reason for Tre Bryant. St Lou ties.

I still think Davis deserves some credit for landing him. I mean Tre didn't come here solely due to Wilhite, he wanted to play for his position coach. Both of them are responsible for bringing him in, but Wilhite may have the edge over Davis on why he came here.

Another thing away from the rb topic, Riley made a big hire in Donte Williams. That hire really sold Bookie on swaying our way because Stewart was a good recruiter but not at the level of DWill. Bookies has a great relationship with Riley, but Donte gives us great recruiting for other corners too.

• Fire 1

Dawgs are out to get Reggie now too... Man alive.

Davis doesn't get any credit for landing Bryant? Man. Tough crowd.

He certainly should get credit. Though not all was his doing.
Yup, he was given a fish already on the hook and he reeled him in.

Well I'm glad he didn't allow any slack and also didn't reel too fast :)

Last year John Parrella helped the Huskers land four commitments and eventual signees, Damion Daniels, Deontre Thomas, Guy Thomas and Deiontae Watts.

Now, he said he’s going to be ultra selective on the trail for the 2018 class.

“We don’t have a lot of scholarships coming down the road here,” he said. “We’re going to be selective. We’re always picky in recruiting, but even a little more selective in the guy we are looking for to have the right body type.

“We’ve got a tremendous staff here, with a lot of knowledge on picking out the guy that we are looking for here.”

Been meaning to starting updating this for some time but haven't gotten around to it. I'm adding the guys who are coming to the Spring Game. I know there's a few more who've had us in a Top X list but I'm not sure I'll find them all tonight. If you know someone I've missed, let me know.

As of now, we'll have 15 open spots which means we can sign 18.

Priority:

WR - Pretty thin depth chart, especially younger guys. Came up a couple short last year.

NT - Need to stock up on true 3-4 NTs

DE - Not sure how many guys we have that truly fit this spot.

CB - Lots of question marks among the young guys.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QB - 1 - Tanner McKee
RB - 1 - Grahm Roberts, Mychale Salahuddin, Kirby Bennett
WR - 3-4 - ERIC FULLER, Kamryn Babb, Nikko Hall, Cameron Brown, Manuel Allen, Joshua Moore, Kobe Smith, Sean Ryan, Blake Veargis, CJ Moore
TE - 1-2 - CAMERON JURGENS, Judge Culpepper
OT - 2 - Antwan Reed, Michael Thompson, Chris Bleich
OG/C - 1 - Will Farniok

NT - 1-2 - MASRY MAPIEU, Trevor Trout, Josh Walker, Calvin Avery, Joshua Landry
DE - 1-2 - Draco Bynum
LB - 2-3 - Reggie Hughes, Jalen Redmond, Cameron Latu, Randy Charlton, James Head, Adrian Jackson
CB - 2-3 - Brendan Radley-Hiles, Olaijah Griffin, Jaquayln Crawford, Isaac Taylor-Stuart
S - 1-2 - Steve Stephens, Stephen Blaylock, Mario Goodrich, Bryan Addison

ATH - Talanoa Hufanga

Edited by Mavric
  • Fire 1