***2018 Recruiting***

I wouldn't be all that disappointed if we don't get a higher rated QB in this class; we'll have 2 out of POB/Lee/Gebbia next year, with Bunch adding depth as he comes along. Lock the Shough kid up and let's go.

I disagree greatly with that mentality. I don't think we should settle just because we have Gebbia/O'Brien on campus. Every year we should recruit guys that we believe are/have potential to be better than what we have. Iron sharpens iron.

Now on that note I don't think Shough is settling. He is rated higher/similar to Gebbia and slighty behind O'Brien.

I don't normally either, but Nebraska is behind in terms of QB recruiting this cycle. Lock Shough up and focus on getting a top guy for 2019.

And while I like Shough, Gebbia was a much higher rated recruit.

FACT CHECK:

By 247 Composite Ratings:

Gebbia, #202 prospect nationally, #9 Pro-style QB

Shough, #205 prospect nationally, #9 Pro-style QB

I would give Shough the edge over Gebbia. Unless Gebbia hits the weights and training table hard he'll get destroyed by B1G D-Linemen.

I wouldn't be all that disappointed if we don't get a higher rated QB in this class; we'll have 2 out of POB/Lee/Gebbia next year, with Bunch adding depth as he comes along. Lock the Shough kid up and let's go.

I disagree greatly with that mentality. I don't think we should settle just because we have Gebbia/O'Brien on campus. Every year we should recruit guys that we believe are/have potential to be better than what we have. Iron sharpens iron.

Now on that note I don't think Shough is settling. He is rated higher/similar to Gebbia and slighty behind O'Brien.

I don't normally either, but Nebraska is behind in terms of QB recruiting this cycle. Lock Shough up and focus on getting a top guy for 2019.

FACT CHECK:

I would give Shough the edge over Gebbia. Unless Gebbia hits the weights and training table hard he'll get destroyed by B1G D-Linemen.
That is why he's redshirting yes.

FACT CHECK:

That is why he's redshirting yes.

He will need it. Can't believe he weighed in at 165. We will be fine with Lee, POB, and Bunch. He will need to put on 30 pounds to be a small qb

I would like to see that happen. He is the clear weak link now on the staff as a recruiter. I would say we have elite or at least very good recruiters at every position group. If he can't pull a big time player soon RB will be the only position we havent upgraded recruiting wise. OL is another position I would like to see a good year on the recruiting trail for, but we have still done pretty dang well there since Riley has arrived imo

Reggie Davis is a terrible recruiter and a decent coach. He should be on the chopping block unless he can land a game changing rb this class.

Would really love to get Tom Rathman, he hasn't been picked up by anyone yet. (I know he said he wants to coach in the NFL) Everything I've read, players love to play for him. Which means he's good at relationship building which is what recruiting is.

http://247sports.com/Player/Terrace-Marshall-82357

Do we have a profile on this guy? Just saw an article on espn and he said we were in his top group.

Edit: not sure how to link the blog post but this is what he said, I exaggerated a bit

I dont have a top five or anything like that right now, but I do have some schools Im focusing on a little more, Marshall said. Texas A&M, LSU, Nebraska, Oregon, TCU, Miami, schools like that. I really like those schools. I feel comfortable with them.

http://247sports.com/Player/Terrace-Marshall-82357

Do we have a profile on this guy? Just saw an article on espn and he said we were in his top group.

Edit: not sure how to link the blog post but this is what he said, I exaggerated a bit

I dont have a top five or anything like that right now, but I do have some schools Im focusing on a little more, Marshall said. Texas A&M, LSU, Nebraska, Oregon, TCU, Miami, schools like that. I really like those schools. I feel comfortable with them.

Here you go