***2018 Recruiting***

Make that 21

How'd it go from 15-16 to 21? I know about Watts and Blades, but what am I forgetting?

It started at 15 open spots but since we can over-sign by three we could always sign 18.

Well I feel like Watts isn't that big of a deal but blades is. Hopefully we can get Griffith to make up for blades. But from the sounds of Deontre Thomas and Damion Daniels I think the NT position is in good hands.

We currently have 67 non-seniors enrolled (I'm still including KJJ in that number). That means there are 18 spots available plus we can over-sign by three so possibly 21. That number could go down if Jones redshirts or any non-senior walk-ons are put on scholarship and remain on the following year.

Does this year count as KJJs redshirt year?

Wouldn't this year be just as though he grey shirted? Or....does the fact he took some spring and summer classes mess with that?

Pretty sure your "clock" starts counting when you enroll in classes. You have five years to play four once your clock starts. So I'm pretty sure this would effectively be a redshirt year.

We currently have 67 non-seniors enrolled (I'm still including KJJ in that number). That means there are 18 spots available plus we can over-sign by three so possibly 21. That number could go down if Jones redshirts or any non-senior walk-ons are put on scholarship and remain on the following year.

I thought I'd read Reimers and Conrad were getting put and kept on scholarship (May have not been officially announced yet). Which would drop it down to 16 and able to sign 19 as they would be the non-senior walk-ons you mention.

I thought I'd read Reimers and Conrad were getting put and kept on scholarship (May have not been officially announced yet). Which would drop it down to 16 and able to sign 19 as they would be the non-senior walk-ons you mention.

I believe they were on scholarship in the spring and will obviously now be kept on for the fall (along with several others). The expectation is that they would be kept on scholarship going forward but they won't have to make that call for some time.

Does this year count as KJJs redshirt year?

Wouldn't this year be just as though he grey shirted? Or....does the fact he took some spring and summer classes mess with that?

Pretty sure your "clock" starts counting when you enroll in classes. You have five years to play four once your clock starts. So I'm pretty sure this would effectively be a redshirt year.

I think your "clock" only runs while you're enrolled; otherwise, Mormons wouldn't be able to come back to college sports after their mission.

I can't find anything for sure but I'm guessing Mormon missions require some sort of waiver.

The NCAA says your clock runs from when you enroll, even if you're not enrolled continously.

Division I five-year clock: If you play at a Division I school, you have five-calendar years in which to play four seasons of competition. Your five-year clock starts when you enroll as a full-time student at any college. Thereafter, your clock continues, even if you spend an academic year in residence as a result of transferring; decide to red shirt, if you do not attend school or even if you go part-time during your college career.

NCAA.org

• Fire 1

I can't find anything for sure but I'm guessing Mormon missions require some sort of waiver.

The NCAA says your clock runs from when you enroll, even if you're not enrolled continously.

Division I five-year clock: If you play at a Division I school, you have five-calendar years in which to play four seasons of competition. Your five-year clock starts when you enroll as a full-time student at any college. Thereafter, your clock continues, even if you spend an academic year in residence as a result of transferring; decide to red shirt, if you do not attend school or even if you go part-time during your college career.

NCAA.org

Good to know. Thanks.

I was always under the assumption that your clock didnt actuall start unless you took part in football related activities. If for whatever reason someone committed and came to campus but for whatever reason never took part in football related activities still had all eligibility. I know I expended all my football eligibility but got struck by lighting now I can shoot the lights out with a basketball. I still have basketball eligibility and can play

Wait, so someone who redshirted as a freshman and then transfers LOSES a year of eligibility rather than just having to wait a year and still having that year available?

According to Lee's bio, he redshirted at Tulane, in which case by that rule he should be a senior this year.