Best individual offensive Husker performance?

Best individual offensive Husker performance?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm the only one for Tommie?!?

Have to go with Tommie. I have to go with a performance during a meaningful game. It doesn't get better than a legendary performance, during a legendary season against the #2 (#1 maybe) team in the country for the National Championship. Tommie was the epitome of dominance during the most dominant season ever.

Honestly, can't go wrong with any of them.

Forgot about this one as well. Calvin Jones had rushed for a Nebraska record of 294 yards on 27 carries, and scored a Big Eight-record six touchdowns for another record of 36 points — all in less than three quarters of play.

November 9, 1991 - #11 Nebraska @ Kansas

Just watched it.....awesome 3 quarters of dominant football.

Watch the option play at 2:28 first series........classic

Even though the Huskers were down by 17 after the first. Huskers are still getting 5 yards a pop on the run,

Probly not a candidate for the best game. But the best single offensive quarter might be Cory Schlesinger's two fourth quarter TDs vs. Miami in the '95 Orange Bowl to win the MNC. LINK1 LINK2 Not sure if any other RB scored two rushing TDs against that Miami defense all year. :thumbs:

This is tough because it depends on how you want to look at it. On a purely stats basis, it has to be Ganz. Those are video game numbers. Importance would be Frazier because it won us the National Title.

But I went with Martinez, mainly because it was the most contested game. The others were pretty much blowouts. We had to have everything from Martinez that day and he came through. Plus, you add on that it came off a demoralizing home loss to Texas then we went on the road and got the worst defensive performance in two years.

Probly not a candidate for the best game. But the best single offensive quarter might be Cory Schlesinger's two fourth quarter TDs vs. Miami in the '95 Orange Bowl to win the MNC. LINK1 LINK2 Not sure if any other RB scored two rushing TDs against that Miami defense all year. :thumbs:

Wasn't a huge surprise for those of us at the game

Miami had their hands on their hips and their DTs were kneeling down between plays in the 2nd quarter- they were gassed

In the 4th quarter- they were absolutely spent, completely exhausted and their DC wasn't subbing anyone in- all their guys had dirty jerseys

The one TD wasn't even blocked correctly and CS still scored untouched

Had the game gone another 5 minutes- NU would have scored 2 more times, that is how spent Miami was

I agree with you- my favorite Quarter of NU football

• Fire 1

Wasn't a huge surprise for those of us at the game

Miami had their hands on their hips and their DTs were kneeling down between plays in the 2nd quarter- they were gassed

In the 4th quarter- they were absolutely spent, completely exhausted and their DC wasn't subbing anyone in- all their guys had dirty jerseys

The one TD wasn't even blocked correctly and CS still scored untouched

Had the game gone another 5 minutes- NU would have scored 2 more times, that is how spent Miami was

I agree with you- my favorite Quarter of NU football

I think Tom Hammond said it best not long after Schlesinger's 2nd touchdown: "Nebraska has owned the 4th quarter."

I initially thought I was going to vote for Frazier (and I'm not surprised that most people did), but after looking at all the stats I had to go with Ganz. Regardless of the level of competition you're playing against, 510 yards and 7 touchdowns is insane.

Yes, the quarter of football in which afterwards I had to apologize to all of those old TV sets in which I inserted my foot - the year before TV set against FSU, the 1987 TV set against sooner magic, and of course the 1983 TV set - 2 pt heartbreak.

Those 2 TDs made all things right in Husker Land - ghosts exorcised, wounds healed, heads tilled upward. Those go down as 2 of my all time favorite runs and the call "Its Schlesinger! Its Schlesinger!" still sends chills down my spine.

• Fire 1

I know he's not remembered fondly in much of Huskerland, but Jamal Lord's performance against Texas in 2002 ranks right up there. JL ran for 234 yards (320 rushing for the team) and threw for another 98, accounting for 79% of the total offense. That was against a Texas team that finished 11-2 and ranked #7.

Most impressive to me was that his surrounding cast was the least talented among the teams we're discussing in this thread. However, JL did throw the pick at the goal line that sealed NU's fate.

• Fire 2