Chances of dropping Adidas after our contract is up?

Why do people want to stop being unique, that's what can separate your your program

Maybe if adidas actually made some Adidas husker gear people would like them more. They really don't put any effort into it. Look at all the schools that have Nike and under armour they put out some sweet gear for their schools. Adidas is very laughable, most Nebraska stuff is off brand not even adidas.
  • Fire 1

Why do people want to stop being unique, that's what can separate your your program

Maybe if adidas actually made some Adidas husker gear people would like them more. They really don't put any effort into it. Look at all the schools that have Nike and under armour they put out some sweet gear for their schools. Adidas is very laughable, most Nebraska stuff is off brand not even adidas.

Huh? There is tons of adidas Husker gear in the market.

Yeah, I am not sure where the thought of not having much adidas Husker gear in the market comes from. If you look in retail stores in Nebraska, or order through online stores, there is plenty of official adidas Husker gear available.

I understand that there is "off-brand" Nebraska gear through other University apparel partnerships and those are sold at discount retailers, but you can find plenty of adidas gear if you look and are willing to pay a little more (and the adidas stuff is still cheaper than Nike).

Its semantics, but I don't think of having adidas as being unique. Unless you consider anyone not having Nike to be unique. Maybe 15 years ago we were unique in having adidas.

From last year:

Total FBS Schools:

Nike 74 (57.8%)

adidas 28 (21.8%)

Under Armour 21 (16.4%)

Russell 4 ( 3.1%)

Power 5 Schools

Nike 44 (67.7%)

Under Armour 11 (16.9%)

adidas 9 (13.8%) - Louisville, Miami, NC State, Indiana, Nebraska, Kansas, Arizona St, Mississippi St, Texas A&M

Russell 1 (1.5%)

http://footballscoop.com/news/nike-adidas-or-ua-who-wears-what-in-fbs-2/

• Fire 1

Yeah, I am not sure where the thought of not having much adidas Husker gear in the market comes from. If you look in retail stores in Nebraska, or order through online stores, there is plenty of official adidas Husker gear available.

I understand that there is "off-brand" Nebraska gear through other University apparel partnerships and those are sold at discount retailers, but you can find plenty of adidas gear if you look and are willing to pay a little more (and the adidas stuff is still cheaper than Nike).

None online though really. And I'll guarantee I could find champion husker gear over adidas any day.

None online though really. And I'll guarantee I could find champion husker gear over adidas any day.

Then you aren't looking in the right place. If you look at Amazon or any large-box online retailer, it's going to be generic.

But, if you go to Huskers.com, nebraskaredzone.com, huskerhounds.com, or huskernation.com (which is an advertiser on this site), you can find plenty of "official" adidas Husker gear. As I stated above, if you go to generic retail stores, you are going to get generic results. But, if you go to Nebraska based retail outlets, you will find official Husker gear.

Its semantics, but I don't think of having adidas as being unique. Unless you consider anyone not having Nike to be unique. Maybe 15 years ago we were unique in having adidas.

From last year:

Total FBS Schools:

Nike 74 (57.8%)

adidas 28 (21.8%)

Under Armour 21 (16.4%)

Russell 4 ( 3.1%)

Power 5 Schools

Nike 44 (67.7%)

Under Armour 11 (16.9%)

adidas 9 (13.8%) - Louisville, Miami, NC State, Indiana, Nebraska, Kansas, Arizona St, Mississippi St, Texas A&M

Russell 1 (1.5%)

Wow! The Most shocking thing on this list might be that Russell Athletics still has 4 schools

From last year:

Total FBS Schools:

Nike 74 (57.8%)

adidas 28 (21.8%)

Under Armour 21 (16.4%)

Russell 4 ( 3.1%)

Power 5 Schools

Nike 44 (67.7%)

Under Armour 11 (16.9%)

Russell 1 (1.5%)

Wow! The Most shocking thing on this list might be that Russell Athletics still has 4 schools

Russell just lost one this week when Ohio switched to Adidas.

The answer to the thread title appears to be slim and none.

Sounds like Adidas is making a big push and everything I've read says a new contract/extension is expected in the next couple months.

I agree 100 percent Mav. Adidas would pay us way more in the long run in my opinion because Nike already has so many top tier schools, they would not bother to compete with Adidas imo. If Nebraska had some great football/volleyball/basketball teams in the last 5 years UA, Nike and Adidas would be putting huge money in to compete for our partnership. Unfortunately, that is not the case, so Adidas will pay us the most because they are loyal to us. Agree that a contract extension should be coming out soon.