Chances of dropping Adidas after our contract is up?

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

With Under Armour falling well short of earnings this past quarter, I think NU will end up sticking with Adidas on the next contract. The 2017-2018 academic year is the final year for the current Adidas contract, so I would expect the 3-stripes throw a bunch of money to NU to keep the in tow.

We stuck with them during their down (less popular?) years, don't know why we'd leave them now that they are trending up. Also, we're Adidas' flagship school. I'm sure they appreciate our loyalty to them over the years.

• Fire 1

I like Adidas and Puma. Can't stand Nike's swoosh and Phil Knight and am meh about UA. I think they waste way to much fing $ on all those alt unis. One per is enough, and I prefer the more classy retro ones. All of our alt designs have been more or less crap. I like OU's retro/alt uni, is real hip, and I like the retro classy variations ND does.

And dagnabbit here's another thing, all those wacked out shoe designs, just stop it, nobody except your tap dance teacher cares if you got shoes the color of Dorothy's magic slippers, and it looks real bad when your getting your ass whooped in those things--its emburassing. Just get a couple decent, more or less conservative styles, like say, black or white--yeah, with stripes--wtev, mix in some red if uer brasky, but dadgummit don't let me see you on that field lookin like Twinkle Toe Sally!

But, Bama, USC, Tree, and PSU have yet to do an alt uni, so that proves you don't have to do it to get players and be a great team. Players like winning above all else.

UA is still offering massive boatloads of cash to big-time programs to increase their footprint and it's working. Auburn, Notre Dame, SCAR and Utah have all had pretty good success with them.

I'm still no big fan of Adidas' offerings in football, but am fine sticking with them if they give us an offer commensurate with how important we are to them. The main reason we've always been with them is that Nike wouldn't give us as big of a deal. If Adidas isn't willing to give us a MASSIVE deal, I'd say forget it.

• Fire 1