Rank the Alternate Unis

GSG

Which Alternate Unis Are Your Favorite?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My ranking of the alternate uniforms (subject to change upon seeing the 2015s on the field):

1. 300th Sellout Throwbacks

2. 2015

3. 2013 against UCLA

4. 2012 against Wisconsin

5. Being hit by a bus

6. 2014 duct tape uniforms against Illanoy

Edited by Mavric
Split to a new thread to add the poll
  • Fire 1

#1) 300th Sellout 1962 Throwbacks

The throwback uniforms could be put into the rotation and I would be fine with that because they are a classic nod to the past.

As for these new alternates from the past few seasons, personally I can't stand them, but if I had to choose a second favorite it would be the 2013 uniform, but with our regular white helmet.

None of the above. If you had included the 2002 season, I would've picked that. I don't like going away from the traditional look, but I thought that looked ok. Not great, but ok. 2015 is the least worst of the ones here. I never liked that curley Q numbers in the early 60s unis so I can't pick that one, even if it is "traditional".

Ranking these uniforms is sort of like the proverbial stacking sh#t with a shovel.

I voted for 2015 Northwestern. Only because it is noticeably better than the 3 previous alternates, still not impressed with the stencil/duct tape, diagonal slash riddled numbers but the uniform body is pretty cool and the helmets, pants, and cleats are not vomit inducing.

Didn't vote for any others because I don't feel the throwbacks belong in the same discussion and the other alternates are gawd awful in their own special ways. The throwbacks are ok because of their historical basis but they also are nothing special either (commence the personal attacks).

I would like to see some wild if not garish alternates. Think Maryland or Navy or some of the Oregon renditions. I have liked some of Okie States with the gray or charcoal. I've even seen some proposed metallic green & gold corn stalks that would be neat to incorporate. I don't understand why everything Adidas does has to look like it came out of the movie remake of The Longest Yard.

I don't put the 300th sellout uniform in the same category as the recent alternates, but they are the best. Of the other (what I consider) true alternates:

2015 all-black v. Northwestern.

2013 black/white v. UCLA.

2014 all-red v. Illinois.

Any and all other alternates, including Maryland, ever made.

2012 red w/ big N v. Wisconsin.

1. Throwbacks - Unless we're talking about the Steelers, it's pretty hard to screw up throwback uniforms.

2. 2015 - Other than the weird slashes on the numbers, they look solid to me.

3. 2013 - Simple, again there's not much to screw up there.

4. 2012 - Didn't like the giant "N" on the front with the number in the corner. Maybe there was a specific reason behind it (and I know Wisconsin's alts had the same setup) but unless it was a really good reason that's a turnoff for me.

5. 2014 - Honestly, these wouldn't be that bad if it weren't for the damn numbers. I would've liked the helmets more if they would've gone all matte red or all matte black instead of trying to make both work.

5. 2014 - Honestly, these wouldn't be that bad if it weren't for the damn numbers. I would've liked the helmets more if they would've gone all matte red or all matte black instead of trying to make both work.

I agree. They really looked pretty good in the pictures. But it didn't work out well. Perhaps that's why this year's are so similar. Just reworked the look a bit with a similar design.