Ryker Fyfe

Ryker Fyfe is planning to stick with Nebraska's football team

Montie Fyfe told The World-Herald that while Ryker Fyfe has trained only intermittently with the program over the summer, his absence from some workouts are unrelated to his status on the football team. Coaches are aware of the situation, Montie Fyfe said, and Ryker plans on playing quarterback for NU in training camp. A Nebraska spokesman confirmed Fyfe remains on the team.

• Fire 2

Darlington should take rightful spot as #2 QB now.

I like Darlington too, but I don't think Fyfe should be written off. Fyfe does some things very well and he throws a damn good ball.

(and he throws the ball to the HB in the flat)

FR4UNY.gif

That might be the only play where Fyfe hit a guy in stride. I remember being excited to see what he could do last season and in the spring, but he disappointed with poor accuracy.

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Something that strikes me is that he wasn't here this summer and he has made noise this fall to probably end up #2 on the depth chart. Meanwhile, last year I read over and over how horrible things are because we have a walk-on from Grand Island as the #2. Darlington is not a bad QB and like others have said, he throws a very nice ball. Fyfe is pushing hard to pass him up for #2.

I'm rooting for this kid and maybe this offense will fit him even better than last year's.

Hopefully he has all his health and personal issues taken care of.

• Fire 1