Fall Camp Notes

Riley said most jobs will be won or lost this week, that should light a fire under everybody and might even cause some miraculous healing.

I am interested to see how the depth chart changes. I am thinking their will be a few surprises. It almost feels like there is still a small faction of holdouts for the old system and ways of doing things.

The dynamic difference between Riley and Pelini's communication is night/day. I get mixed feelings regarding the team from Riley but Bo always kept his hand close to his chest. I think I prefer Bo's approach to communication only because I am worried about our team this year, some things sound promising but others...not so much. 8 TD's from an offense struggling with the pass against a D that is suppose to be tighter against the run? Yikes. I can't wait until Sept. 5th though...GBR! Sh#t is about to get real! Whooooo!

giphy.gif

The dynamic difference between Riley and Pelini's communication is night/day. I get mixed feelings regarding the team from Riley but Bo always kept his hand close to his chest. I think I prefer Bo's approach to communication only because I am worried about our team this year, some things sound promising but others...not so much. 8 TD's from an offense struggling with the pass against a D that is suppose to be tighter against the run? Yikes. I can't wait until Sept. 5th though...GBR! Sh#t is about to get real! Whooooo!

I'm not going to touch you preferring Bo's communication the Riley's...

But I wouldn't get too worked up about the 8 TDs. In order to judge that, you need to know how many came from 1s vs. 1s, or where the drive started, or if they specifically scripted a certain O play vs a D play to see how the players reacted.

I'm not going to touch you preferring Bo's communication the Riley's...

But I wouldn't get too worked up about the 8 TDs. In order to judge that, you need to know how many came from 1s vs. 1s, or where the drive started, or if they specifically scripted a certain O play vs a D play to see how the players reacted.

Or if they played exactly 60 minutes.

• Fire 1

This isn't meant as a critique, just noting that there is adjusting to be done. And mainly noting that Langsdorf is calling the plays (I'm assuming that will continue).

Offensive coordinator Danny Langsdorf called the plays Saturday. They were signaled from the sideline. Quarterback Tommy Armstrong interpreted those signals and relayed it to his teammates. They broke the huddle. Then analyzed the defense. And finally, snapped the ball.

The process got bogged down at times. Quarterbacks had to signal for timeouts a couple times. They want to be sharper, according to both Langsdorf and Armstrong.

"We were slow at times," Langsdorf said. "We've got to get that communication faster. We've got to break the huddle quicker so that we can look at the defense and get us to the best play available."

Link