The Repub Debate

When it comes to Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, even a few months’ time out of Congress has done little to lessen former House Speaker John Boehner’s contempt for his former Capitol Hill colleague. “Lucifer in the flesh,” Boehner told an audience at Stanford on Wednesday night, according to the Stanford Daily. “I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bi*** in my life.”

----

“Maybe he gives Lucifer a bad name by comparing him to Ted Cruz,” King said on CNN. “Listen, what John Boehner was most concerned about was Ted Cruz perpetrated a fraud and a hoax when he brought about the shutdown of the government on some kind of a vague promise that he was gonna be able to take Obamacare out of the budget or to end Obamacare.”

Link

Well, I don't think there will be much of a reconciliation in the Repub party after this convention is done with. If Trump secures enough delegates for a 1st ballot victory, I don't expect Ted to show up in Cleveland.

If Trump wins, we may be seeing the death of the republican party as we know it. The divide is getting too deep.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/cruz-trump-liar/2016/05/03/id/726964/

In his most scathing attack yet on Donald Trump, Ted Cruz on Tuesday angrily labeled the Republican presidential front-runner as a "pathological liar" and "serial philanderer" for whom "morality does not exist."

"Whatever lie he's telling in that minute he believes it. But the man is utterly amoral. Morality does not exist for him," Cruz said in Indiana, which is holding a pivotal primary that may determine his future in the race for the GOP presidential nomination.

Cruz tore into a Trump's love life, calling the thrice-married, one-time playboy as a "serial philander" who "boasts about it."

"This is not a secret, he's proud of being a serial philander. I want everyone to think about your teenage kids. The president of the United States talks about how great it is to commit adultery," Cruz said.

"How proud he is, describes his battle with venereal disease as his own personal Vietnam. That's a quote from the Howard Stern show. Do you want to spend the next five years with your kids bragging about infidelity?"

The Texas senator called Trump a "narcissist," the likes of which "I don't think this country has ever seen."

"This man is a pathological liar, he doesn't know the difference between truth and lies . . . in a pattern that is straight out of a psychology text book, he accuses everyone of lying," said Cruz in an outburst carried on CNN.

"Donald Trump is such a narcissist that Barack Obama looks at him and says, 'Dude, what's your problem?'" Cruz fumed (TG's comment: kind of like the Kettle calling the Pot really black!)

Breaking News at Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/cruz-trump-liar/2016/05/03/id/726964/#ixzz47crZOLP3

I'm interested to see if Republicans unite behind Trump in the general election. His support among republicans in the primary has grown recently but we'll have to see if that trend continues. If GOP voters don't unite behind Trump, Hillary will win in a landslide.

I'm interested to see if Republicans unite behind Trump in the general election. His support among republicans in the primary has grown recently but we'll have to see if that trend continues. If GOP voters don't unite behind Trump, Hillary will win in a landslide.

Trump is leading in polls in the very red states. But in states that are usually contested, like Ohio, Clinton is up by a few percentage points. She's up by 5 in Florida. There have only been 2 polls in Arizona but she's up by 3.5 there. Romney won Arizona by 9.

I don't think Trump will take anything that Obama won last time. But as Trump says he hasn't even started attacking her yet. Kinda think that'll give her a bigger lead, though. I think anyone who is going to hate Clinton and not vote for her, already hated her a long time ago. But we'll see what happens with the investigation.

Just found a Utah poll (only 1 though) and Clinton is leading by 2 with likely voters.

The only way I can see that Trump wins is if some how he makes her ineligible or in prison.

I have voted Republican in every Presidential election but I will not in any way vote for Trump. I know other people just like me.

I'm sure there will be a certain percentage that votes for him still just because he's the Republican candidate. However, it's baffling to me that people even consider the guy a "Republican" or conservative.

First thing...we need to go away with liberal and conservative. No one is either/or all the time.

Secondly...I know people that won't vote for Trump and people that won't vote for the other man, Hillary. But I do know that most people I know can't wait to watch the debates they will have!

With Cruz dropping out, it appears Trump has clinched the nomination.

At least Cruz didn't bore everyone with a long winded speech about religion and his family and religion and his family and religion and his family and a lame history lesson and religion and his family and luckily his wife didn't stand there coughing the entire time over and over and over and not accepting water while she coughed over and over while her husband went on about religion and prayer and his family.

It's really kind of sad the way Trump came in and staged a hostile takeover of the GOP. It's abundantly clear that none of the party leaders want him as their nominee, but they have no choice. It's really odd to see a guy like Reince Priebus (a terriple RNC chairman, btw), who's had multiple scuffles with Trump during this process, now have to bend over and lick Trump's boots:

Of course, it doesn't matter what the party leaders want. They've so poorly misread and misjudged the wants and needs of their electorate, they deserve their reckoning.

But still, it's extremely bizarre to watch unfold.

• Fire 1

It's really kind of sad the way Trump came in and staged a hostile takeover of the GOP. It's abundantly clear that none of the party leaders want him as their nominee, but they have no choice. It's really odd to see a guy like Reince Preibus (a terriple RNC chairman, btw), who's had multiple scuffles with Trump during this process, now have to bend over and lick Trump's boots:

https://twitter.com/Reince/status/727663752967917569

Of course, it doesn't matter what the party leaders want. They've so poorly misread and misjudged the wants and needs of their electorate, they deserve their reckoning.

But still, it's extremely bizarre to watch unfold.

Totally know what you mean...but these guys are almost always front runners...They almost always have to be so that they can survive in the long run. Like most of us, they are about themselves first.