Possible suspension? Some WR's maybe not ready?

The hard part for guys like Sipp and Severe is that they know wayyyyyyyy more than they let out of the bag. They do have to be a bit careful about what they say for a lot of reasons.

Just like most of us with our jobs. You have people that you go to for tons of inside info and sometimes they tell you a lot...sometimes they are a bit more cryptic.

I bet you know where all the make out spots are at your school, don't you?

abrn.gif

The hard part for guys like Sipp and Severe is that they know wayyyyyyyy more than they let out of the bag. They do have to be a bit careful about what they say for a lot of reasons.

Just like most of us with our jobs. You have people that you go to for tons of inside info and sometimes they tell you a lot...sometimes they are a bit more cryptic.

abrn.gif

I will never tell!!!!

abrn.gif

I will never tell!!!!

Hopefully you can trust your students to do the same

Does anyone else not like the way they talk about players? I'm not talking just about the stuff, per se, in the article. A number of statements made in the recent press conferences sound like NFL coaches. It's hard for me to explain exactly, but it's like they are talking about the players in public candidly, and not putting a spin to encourage or hype up the player. It's more a mater of fact.

I always thought that a couch should publicly have their players back, and put out publicly words of encouragement as warranted (eg, he has the tools and with work could become something special). I imagine the player's family and friends like this, it would help the player, and it would create good will within the program.

I know I'll get a lot of flack (like many were NFL coaches and they welcome such "honesty," for example), and don't have time to respond, but I thought someone should throw out the topic.

• Fire 3

Does anyone else not like the way they talk about players? I'm not talking just about the stuff, per se, in the article. A number of statements made in the recent press conferences sound like NFL coaches. It's hard for me to explain exactly, but it's like they are talking about the players in public candidly, and not putting a spin to encourage or hype up the player. It's more a mater of fact.

Do you have any examples in mind? They seem to be positive when talking about individual players to the media, even about guys that are unlikely to play. They do seem more candid/open overall with the media about what the coaches and team are doing.

I always thought that a couch should publicly have their players back, and put out publicly words of encouragement as warranted (eg, he has the tools and with work could become something special). I imagine the player's family and friends like this, it would help the player, and it would create good will within the program.

I know I'll get a lot of flack (like many were NFL coaches and they welcome such "honesty," for example), and don't have time to respond, but I thought someone should throw out the topic.

I agree with you...

Put it into another context...what if Bray tweeted out "Man, we got a high maintenance freshman linebacker this year"

Most people would think that was totally uncalled for.

• Fire 2

I agree with you...

Put it into another context...what if Bray tweeted out "Man, we got a high maintenance freshman linebacker this year"

Most people would think that was totally uncalled for.

What if it is called for though?

I mean, what if whoever this kid is really needs to wake the hell up and knock off his sh#t? What if his attitude is detrimental to the team? What if the staff thinks they needed this person or others to really get the message?

I'm just saying, we don't know all the details to this. We're assuming quite a bit. I know on thing though, everyone on this board would be more than willing to complain about how this LB'er is playing on Saturday's if he was on the field. We'd be bitching and moaning if the team looked like they had a don't give a damn attitude on Saturdays all because they've contracted this crap attitude from one of their teammates.

It appears to me this coaching staff said what they said because they wanted it to be heard. As I said on the first page, this isn't Bo Pelini. These coaches have been there and done this. They appear measured and deliberate in what they say. I don't think this is loose-lipped spouting off at the mouth like you got from the former Head Coach.

• Fire 1

I hope the local writers get their fair share of good info, but I am really excited to have an outside journalist that appears to be on our side. But one that also isn't a "national" reporter. He has a familiarity about his writing that national guys don't have.

Having a jounalist connected to this team, but that works & writes on the west coast could pay dividends on the recruiting front. The more west coast exposure, the better.